Yet Another Newbie with ambitions!

Hi everyone!

Ive joined the forum to get a little more knowledge of the 350z's and any improvements and modifications people have made.

My car history has had a few ups and downs. Even for being 24, I've had a lot of cars.

Started my first few years with a ford fiesta van, then went to a rover 25 (twice) followed by a ford focus, then mg zs.

After that was yet another ford, this time a focus st. my first car with a reasonable amount of power.

With this car is where I appear to have tried to set a benchmark of comfort, speed and ease of use.

The following cars went in a different direction (ford focus diesel, then a 1.6 petrol) but these were only daily drivers. The exciting bit has been a 3.2 v6 Audi TT. Plenty power behind her, fun electronic gearbox and a few gadgets here and there. Obviously there was the usual stick from driving a hairdressers car, but they soon got over it once i put the foot down. The only disadvantage is that it wasn't really any fun to drive. An auto gearbox and 4 wheel drive system meant it wasn't any different to a hart on a track. No sliding, no choice of gears. Just sitting, doing what it tells you is best.

about 2 or 3 months ago we set out looking for a replacement car for the TT. Had a looking online at one or 2 that seemed appealing, but not really what we were looking for.

Fortunately, My dad is part of Clan Japan (scottish jap car club, He has a mitsubishi pajero evo, 3.5mivec - soon to be supercharged) and while at the scottish car show this year, a guy on the same stand had a 2006 fair lady.

and that was that. the hunt for a 350z was on. oh, and it had to be blue.

picked her up about 4 weeks ago now and have been loving every minute of it.

First impressions?

The 350 is fast enough, handles very well, plenty of gadgets and is spacious.

Improvements?

a few to be made, its a bit dirty and worn inside and out, so not in show condition really.

sound system could do with an upgrade, the sub in the back isn't as powerful as i had hoped.

a little more of a roar from the exhaust system would be a bad thing either!

Anyway, i will be looking for advice and defiantly taking some tips from the posts already on here!

Thanks very much!

Edited by mikey2130

:welcome: few of us on the forum are going to the Clan Japan charity drive out this Sunday. Are you going??

I'm afraid not. Ment to be going aqualining up at Blair atholl on Sunday.

How often are there runs on?

Thanks everyone for the messages!

Don't have any decent images on my phone just now but I'll get some up during the week!

• Like 1