TB/Butterfly problem...

jaxx

Hi Hope you guys can advise me here:

I’ve opted for the short story….

Had my spark plugs changed, took the 2 throttle bodies off and discovered they were backed in carbon deposits and all sorts of gunk so cleaned them.

Since then the car has idled rough (revs jumping between 1500 and 2000) and running rough for example trying to hold at say 35 it gets a little jumpy.

After investigating further and checking out the throttle bodies I now can see that the butterfly doesn’t fully shut and therefore doesn’t create a seal!

So, has anyone ran in to this problem? 2 new TB’s from Nissan £1400 EACH!!! No thanks!!!

From sending the ECU away to getting the car back from the dealer it was around 2 weeks give or take a day. I'm unsure of cost as it was covered by the warranty. Car runs like a missile now, faultless, contact Mark at abbey motorsports as he is the fellow that my dealer used to fix mine.

From sending the ECU away to getting the car back from the dealer it was around 2 weeks give or take a day. I'm unsure of cost as it was covered by the warranty. Car runs like a missile now, faultless, contact Mark at abbey motorsports as he is the fellow that my dealer used to fix mine.

Sounds like you just need to do the ecu reset and throttle body position reset. These can be done by the "pedal dance". Happened to me when I cleaned mine. Was absolutely fine after the reset.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/53148-how-to-ecu-accelerator-pedal-throttle-valve-resets/

Edited by Paddy78

No harm in trying a pedal dance but the chances of reset/relearn curing it are virtually nil, (so is Nissan hooking up to consult and resetting).. trust me, been there, seen it and done it, this problem is a pig to cure on HR models... plenty of info out there on Google for this problem with HR Zeds including using new throttle bodies which is more miss than hit,

Edited by Martinjj

problem solved!! No need to perform an ECU 'reflash' or expensive nissan repair bills. When the TB's were clearned it basically left a very tiny gap between the TB and the butterfly. As carbon deposits and other muck had built up slowly over time the buterflys learned to deal with it, so moving this 'muck' was (unknowingly to me at the time) a bad idea. It basically kept idiling between 1500 and 2000 constantly reving. After many ideas and some time with diagnostic machines.....a light coat of paint inside the TB sorted this out. simple, effective and......simple :teeth:

• Like 1