WouId you?

benjy88

Sure I read somewhere they want to put a turbo 2.0L engine in it, am I the only one that's a little gutted by this? Why no V6/straight 6??

Edit: link http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1093493_new-toyota-supra-powertrain-details-emerge?dr

Its probably for emissions reasons and I'm sure the electric motor will add some horse power but I'm just concerned its going to sound a bit naff.

Edited by longsh07

i really hope everything doesn't have a 2 litre turbo like everything else, sounds so dull. I don't care if it makes 400 bhp, its still dull. hopefully it wont happen, after all Jag are still using superchargers mated to V6s or V8s to make power, the way it should be done.

Its a stunning car and really hope the DO make it and price it well, so that we at least see them on the road, unlike the LFA.

£40k no chance. Closer to £140k with options, if they ever make it.

Agree :( I wish it would come in close to £40k, as I would consider one, but it will all depend on the engine and gearbox it gets given. If its only a 2l turbo, then it will be doubtful that I would purchase it. There is a lot of good competition out there and Toyota needs to think about this carefully.

When did Toyota last make a performance car? Nissan had to come in a lot lower price wise to get the GTR into the market, I doubt there would be many on the roads if they started at £75k for the car.

I wonder if they will do a 2l turbo petrol engine with some sort of electric hybrid motor, similar to the 918?

Cool. Needs a V8, V10 or V12 :thumbs:

and then you will have a pricetag like the Lexus LFA

Edited by grahamc

Discussed a few times before and personally think its stunning, but thats the question, whats it pitched at?

£45k in line with something like the Alfa 4C (2l Turbo) or £75k (straight 6 large capacity) and Gtr territory?

Being Toyota are already knocking out a 2L in the GT86 i am not so sure they would give this the same format as you can be sure an official fi'd Gt86 will be out at some point and going on there past history, i.e Supra, i would expect a decent capacity and high price tag, sadly :(

Being Toyota are already knocking out a 2L in the GT86 i am not so sure they would give this the same format as you can be sure an official fi'd Gt86 will be out at some point and going on there past history, i.e Supra, i would expect a decent capacity and high price tag, sadly :(

Forget the supra, look at the LFA!!!