Nissan clutches are cr@p!

SwissZ

Finally got to blast the 370 up the Autobahn and yes the clutch pedal dropped to the floor after about 10 mins hard driving. :rant:

Got it up to 265 kph on the clock and apart from the roadster noise :scare: (can't remember the 350 being as loud) all was good. After a few change downs and hard acceleration the pedal came only half way up. Gears still went in no problem at this point but eventually the pedal stayed down and I was struggling to get a gear in. I could pull the pedal back up, but if I touched it lightly it got sucked back down! Slowed down for a few mins and all was good again for about 10 mins when it started again. Back in Switzerland at normal speeds, the car's perfectly fine....

If this was the first time I'd had this, fair enough, but I had the same thing with my old 350 and also with an Infiniti G37 which were both bought new so no wear and tear there.

The 370's a 2010 with no official warranty but the dealer gave me a 1 year extension. Wonder what he'll say about this :lol:

Sounds like the concentric slave cylinder, carried over from the 350Z HR which is a common failure point

I keep seeing this as a solution on here but the last 2 cars were brand new (run in periods completed religiously) so is there a problem with the original design?

This is 3 days on the trot someone is having the same issues.

Since mine was changed for the upgrade its been great.

Hopefully this answers my question. Do you have details of what was changed? Maybe part numbers I can throw at the dealer?

Cheers

I'm going to see what the dealer says first.

Pees me off that I might have to pay for a fault that is obviously down to a poorly performing original part. :dry:

I'm going to see what the dealer says first.

Pees me off that I might have to pay for a fault that is obviously down to a poorly performing original part. :dry:

As I said on a previous thread. When they go the seals make the brake fluid start to darken. Look for a black residue at the top of your filler bottle

• 2 weeks later...

MIne had done 16,000 but it went soon after the supercharger was installed.

Phone up http://www.abbeymotorsport.co.uk as they changed mine.

Its not cheap as its a lot of labour charge.

I think in total it came to about £700 without checking the invoice.

Please explain to me what they charged you for?

I'm guessing labour for dropping the box and the uprated slave.

Sounds about right to me.

Concentric slave is a bit of a bugger......it's as much of a job as changing the clutch (which autodata books out at 9 hours).

You can start with me tomorrow, just turn up with your tools.

No interview required.

You can be my master tech.

Superb salary and generous annual paid holidays.

Great working conditions in a friendly and safe environment. :)

• Like 2

I'm live just outside of Glasgow!

Guess being a truck tech' and having a motorsport background helps!

It's usually a case of get it fixed yesterday Dave or else get your jacket and tools, and get to f**k, so yeah, moving fast is a priority...LOL!

Seriously though, I actually thought that taking the 350Z gearbox out was one of the easiest ones I had ever done!

I'm used to gearboxes that weigh 350 kgs and have the World attached to them, so the 350Z setup was fun to work on, rather than a task!