Engine rebuild

Yellowgt4

Got DE pre rev up and 350 and 370 HR, so kinda cut my own throat on this one however, informed advice is what I am about.

Regards,

Alex. :)

a trader with integrity I can see why you get so many recommendations :thumbs: paid £1400 for the 44k 2nd hand engine i put in mine did have most of the ancillary's Nippon auto spares 01332 646100 :D
  • Like 1

What miles are you guys having rebuilds on?

54 k and it started smoking like a tractor ! Full service history ,proper fuel , weekend car only ......

Are these engines as good as people say !!! There seems to be a lot going bang at the moment.

Yeah I agree. I have full service history and I change the oil with quality Mobil 1 every 3k. Although I've done 98000 miles so Mine is probably wear and tear. But it looks like I'm just going to trade mine in and get something else 😭😭😭

Did Abbey not put an HR engine in a DE car 2 years ago for a member who travels between Switzerland and Scotland.

It was Gun metal with Anthracite seats as I went to Abbey and cleaned them up.

I believe it also had twin turbo put on and a big break kit.

The Engine came from Alex!!!!!

Did Abbey not put an HR engine in a DE car 2 years ago for a member who travels between Switzerland and Scotland.

Yes that is Kevin's car and all the above is correct.

However, as said previously, this is not a cost effective fix to the OP's issue.

Yes that is Kevin's car and all the above is correct.

However, as said previously, this is not a cost effective fix to the OP's issue.

No definitely not. Once bitten twice shy :)

Why don't you trade her in and take the £1200 and put it on top and buy an HR?

Surely he won't get much for trade in with a broken engine? I'd imagine he has to throw more than £1200 to get an HR?

His car is running fine at the moment but wont be for much longer as he found oil on the plugs. So if he was feeling cheeky he could trade it into Arnold sharks and walk away with another one.

• Like 1

Surely he won't get much for trade in with a broken engine? I'd imagine he has to throw more than £1200 to get an HR?

His car is running fine at the moment but wont be for much longer as he found oil on the plugs. So if he was feeling cheeky he could trade it into Arnold sharks and walk away with another one.

Yip 👠haha

Saw a yellow 370 for £15k 😳

I want 😛

• Like 1

Yip í ½í± haha

Saw a yellow 370 for £15k 😳

I want 😛

Would be the least stressful option and you get an upgrade :thumbs:

• Like 1

Clutching at straws here but is there any way the compression could be low because of the valve stem oil seals have gone? Or anything other than rings? Just because all 6 cylinders are at the same psi. Would all 6 go at once?

No valve stem seals will not cause the problems, and what was the compression readings? and how where they taken, you can have good compression but still have bad oil consumption due to bad oil rings...which is what the rev up motors are known for.

All 6 were at 125psi. Process I followed was all plugs out, fuel pump fuse removed, comp tester in each cylinder one at a time. Start car with full throttle and turn for 7 times and obtain reading

You have taken a dry comp reading which only refers to compression ie valves, comp rings etc.

What you now require to carry out is a wet reading to establish what wear you may have on the oil rings etc.

Ie pour oil down spark plug tube?

Yes but not too much or you will screw the readings, 125psi is lower than the stated limit in the manual,

lowest is 142psi and std is 185psi, so you have considerable ring/bore wear, unless the reading doesn't change with oil added.

Edited by Tricky-Ricky

Ie pour oil down spark plug tube?

Yes but not too much or you will screw the readings, 125psi is lower than the stated limit in the manual,

lowest is 142psi and std is 185psi, so you have considerable ring/bore wear, unless the reading doesn't change with oil added.

Yeah I did that. Unfortunately I let a bit too much drop in and the reading shot up to 275psi

• 4 weeks later...

Still no further forward guys. My mrs and I are having our first baby in January and she frowns highly on buying the 370z. But is willing to let me rebuild or replace engine in mine as I love my z so much. I know the advice states replace with like for like but seeing as I can't get a revup anywhere for love not money, I'm thinking of rebuilding with forged internals ðŸ˜. Now I know this will cost a lot more but then I know it won't happen again. And with a used revup I could have the same problem down the line too. Sooooo been looking at the states for rebuild kits and this looks pretty reasonable! http://www.z1motorsports.com/350_g35/product_info.php?products_id=4266{15}1331{31}276{32}1267{36}387{46}1774{361}1779{365}1795

Around £2000 for all parts. Now if be rebuilding with a nissan master tech. What other things should I do to increase reliability and most importantly power. I'm willing to spend up to £5000 including the £2000 for the kit.

Hope I don't get burned for this ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

All 6 were at 125psi. Process I followed was all plugs out, fuel pump fuse removed, comp tester in each cylinder one at a time. Start car with full throttle and turn for 7 times and obtain reading

You have taken a dry comp reading which only refers to compression ie valves, comp rings etc.

What you now require to carry out is a wet reading to establish what wear you may have on the oil rings etc.

what is a wet reading?

forgive me i´m not from UK and the tecnical language is a pita