370Z Nismo

WINKJ

Louise have you spoken to the dealer to find out what is happening they should know by now? My BMW has got to be back at the dealership before the end of October or I will lose money on it so Nissan want to pull there finger out soon, going to give them a call at the start of October to chase as come mid October and still nothing I will be seeing what BMW's are in stock.

Well that was a stupid last comment as I should just sit and wait for the car as I am actually looking forward to getting it.

Edited by Turboextreme

Louise have you spoken to the dealer to find out what is happening they should know by now? My BMW has got to be back at the dealership before the end of October or I will lose money on it so Nissan want to pull there finger out soon, going to give them a call at the start of October to chase as come mid October and still nothing I will be seeing what BMW's are in stock.

Well that was a stupid last comment as I should just sit and wait for the car as I am actually looking forward to getting it.

I hate waiting for things. Our car was briefly a dealer demonstrator in Yorkshire. When we decided to get it late last year we were originally told we'd have to wait until February this year to collect it as they needed to keep it for six months in total. In the end we persuaded them to let us take in early December and they put it in the showroom until we collected. I had the pick-up date marked on the calendar and was literally counting down the days. Conversely, when my other half got her new Aygo she just picked the one they had in the showroom. Signed the papers on a Friday and picked the car up the following Friday. If only it was always like that!

I think you'd regret it if you gave up now. If it's the car you really want, just hang in there. :)

Edited by sipar69

• 3 months later...

Sorry I was too excited when I got mine and completely forgot about the rest of the world. Yes I got it, it took over two months but it was worth the wait. Love Love Love it. Because it is a special order, Nissan dont really know how long it takes to get one, so they estimate a time of arrival by going on all the other cars they sell. Nismos come straight from Japan and does take a while to get to the UK.

Does anyone else's car when turning left and going over a slight/bump curb suspension knock on the front right as though something is lose?

Has that suspension block thing (Technical term) been taken out? Its used for transporting the car.

I seen a 2015 Nismo sitting in Nissan Belfast when I was having a nosey at all the other cars I can't afford, absolutely stunning motor, it looks a lot better in the flesh than the pictures. Pretty sure it was one of the guys who work there who owns it, the reg was familiar to me.

Does anyone else's car when turning left and going over a slight/bump curb suspension knock on the front right as though something is lose?

Has that suspension block thing (Technical term) been taken out? Its used for transporting the car.

He means the shipping spacer ;) They look like this. There can be up to three on each front spring. Occasionally they get left in but I think the main symptom is that it makes the ride even firmer than usual - not sure it would cause knocking but worth a look.

imagejpg1_zps8af09e77.jpg

• Like 1

Owner on another forum has a red one which also looks very nice. White is my favourite for the Nismo (Mk1 at least) because it shows off the black accents. Black looks nice though. Those new wheels look like they might even more of a nightmare to refurb than the MK1s. :)

But the arches!!!! They looook soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo @*!#! They have completly ruined it :lol: (With the help of Doogy pointing out something I wouldn't of noticed or been bothered about :lol: )

On what planet was flaring the arches outwards a good idea?!?!?

But the arches!!!! They looook soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo @*!#! They have completly ruined it :lol: (With the help of Doogy pointing out something I wouldn't of noticed or been bothered about :lol: )

I don't think there flared out I think it's just a piece of trim.

• Like 1

I don't think there flared out I think it's just a piece of trim.

same as mk1

• 2 weeks later...

Added a bit of discrete Nismo branding to the front of the car today. I noticed the Mark 2 Nismo has a Nismo badge near the number plate which looks quite good. Our Mk1 bumpers don't have space for one to go in the same place, so I tried a few different positions and decided I liked it here best.

An OEM badge is around £90 on ebay(!). This is a third party badge intended for attachment to a grill. It cost less than a tenner on Amazon. I used a hack saw to cut off the two protruding areas where the grill attachments should go, smoothed it off with a file and then carefully added automotive double sided tape to fix it to the bumper.

Nice little mod I think and cost a grand total of £20 including the tape etc. (I wondered about the quality but was surprised to find that it's a metal base rather than plastic). Feels good quality and looks virtually identical to the OEM one on the back of the car. :)

Bumper_zps365e4561.jpg

Edited by sipar69
  • Like 3

Thanks. I held it up to the bumper next to the number plate and on the lip below the splitter. To be honest it looked good on all of them but I didn't want to stick it to the bumper, which has recently been repainted, and I preferred the way it looked next to the red line on the splitter. :)

Here's the link if you're interested - just have a hack saw handy to remove the grill attachments. It's not a solid back so you have to position the tape carefully otherwise it's visible behind the badge. Still a super easy mod though.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Grille-Emblem-Nissan-Skyline-Silvia/dp/B00BS8CLWI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421329721&sr=8-1&keywords=nismo+badge

• Like 1

Morning ladies and gents of the 370 Nismo collective!

I am looking for a local owner that will let me have a look around their car as I assess the potential to trade up from my 350 - I can go to a HPC to look at the Mk2, but I much prefer the asthetics of the Mk1 and I cannot find one to go an see.

I am happy to drive a bit and provide beer tokens or a bottle of something grapey for a willing owner if there are any volunteers

Thanks

Chris :D

Edited by 350Chris