370Z Nismo

WINKJ

:teeth: Not got the car yet but already thinking about mods for her. Thought about the following: HFC's not sure on brand but thinking Berk technologies as I am keeping the Nismo exhaust, drop in filters maybe K&N and some HPS post MAF silicon tubes.

I added Cobra high flow cats hoping they would improve the exhaust sound to a level that I was happy with, but they didn't. I wasn't looking for anything really loud but for some reason the cats made only a marginal difference to the sound of the exhaust. I now have a Stillen exhaust paired with the Cobras. I'd probably be happy with the Stillen alone but together they make for a great sound (although my girlfried doesn't agree). I guess you might get better results with different HFCs.

guys... is there any way to get a digital speed reading?

Not to my knowledge. Its called sticking an Iphone on a phone holder on the windscreen and using a GPS speedometer. It would have been better to have put a digital speed read out on the otherwise redundant voltmeter in my opinion.

I think the mark 1 will hold there prices well now as there are only a very few about and from what I have read the new shape has gone a bit soft not like the track focused mk1 beast's,

Edited by api330

I think the mark 1 will hold there prices well now as there are only a very few about and from what I have read the new shape has gone a bit soft not like the track focused mk1 beast's,

I agree. It seems there will only be around 400-450 mk1 in the world

• 2 weeks later...

Depends. If you think that price will be very low then yes, I suspect they'll hold up very well ;)

I agree with Zedman, they will hold a good price Dan, and eventually the difference between buying a mk1 or mk2 is purely visual, then just personal preference comes into play. look at 1m's for example, their prices are going up! and there are 400 of them in the UK I believe. there are only 400 mk1 Nismos globally. . .

However: Personally I am grateful to not be hugely at a loss if the new model nails down the price of the MK1s, but even so, I think they will be just fine.

edit: but then if I was worried about spending money on cars, I would buy with my head and not my heart, which would of been an older 370z, put some cash into mods and go that route...

Edited by WINKJ
  • Like 1

Depends. If you think that price will be very low then yes, I suspect they'll hold up very well ;)

I agree with Zedman, they will hold a good price Dan, and eventually the difference between buying a mk1 or mk2 is purely visual, then just personal preference comes into play. look at 1m's for example, their prices are going up! and there are 400 of them in the UK I believe. there are only 400 mk1 Nismos globally. . .

However: Personally I am grateful to not be hugely at a loss if the new model nails down the price of the MK1s, but even so, I think they will be just fine.

edit: but then if I was worried about spending money on cars, I would buy with my head and not my heart, which would of been an older 370z, put some cash into mods and go that route...

Doesn't really matter what any of us think, you bought the car and stand by it which is what matters :)

Not sure on the comparison with the 1M as didn't they fly off the shelves and there is still obviously a demand, was talking to a few Zed owners the other weekend, well 2 370z owners, 1 ex 370z owner and a 350z owner and we all agreed the MK2 looks much better but it's all personal preference at the end of the day :)

Liking the subtle mods you have done, looks very mean now :)

• Like 1

Fortunately, while Dan and a few other forum members who are long overdue a visit to Specsavers contemplate purchasing the pug ugly, visually watered down, version of our awesome beasty, there should be a sufficient number of people with good taste to make the Mk1 a desirable purchase when we eventually get bored of them and decide to get something else. After all, it looks like we only need 65 future customers! ;)

• Like 2

Doesn't really matter what any of us think, you bought the car and stand by it which is what matters :)

Not sure on the comparison with the 1M as didn't they fly off the shelves and there is still obviously a demand, was talking to a few Zed owners the other weekend, well 2 370z owners, 1 ex 370z owner and a 350z owner and we all agreed the MK2 looks much better but it's all personal preference at the end of the day :)

Liking the subtle mods you have done, looks very mean now :)

That's my opinion too SMD, there is nowhere near enough of a development for the MK2 to force the price of the MK1s down dramatically. if there were major engine/performance upgrades then I think it would have a major impact on the MK1, because why would you buy a car that's performance is well under par compared to its newer version... you wouldn't. the only reason people will buy the MK2 over the MK1 would be because of preference to its looks.. which is all... personal preference :)

• Like 1

Fortunately, while Dan and a few other forum members who are long overdue a visit to Specsavers contemplate purchasing the pug ugly, visually watered down, version of our awesome beasty, there should be a sufficient number of people with good taste to make the Mk1 a desirable purchase when we eventually get bored of them and decide to get something else. After all, it looks like we only need 65 future customers! ;)

don't start :lol:

don't start :lol:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that :lol:

Anyway it's all just jealousy on mine and Dan's part :p