Why does my Zed seem to polarise reactions?

twobears

I get this sort of reaction nearly every time i go out in the 350Z. It's middle aged men in saloons that are the worst by far, forget boy racers.

In a 30 I tend to slow down even more, especially if there's a dual carrageway coming up. Wait for them to try and overtake me aggresively then I'll boot it and leave them standing (up to speed limit obviously).

Maybe not the best way to deal with them but it's sure satisfying :lol:

Logic would suggest said driver clocks you doing the speed limit, decides your a law abide and that when you get to a national speed limit you'll stop at 70. Regardless of what he drives he thinks I just have to get to 80 and I'll pass her/them. So sits up your rear in frustration of having to go slower than he planned, but then get thwarted by tour acceleration as you make your point at the dual carriageway.

Its nothing personal most drivers are selfish and once in their car they think they're invincible.

I was always told, everyone on the road is tying to kill you, so drive with that in mind. Ignore the numpties, drive to your environment, let the idiots wipe themselves out.

Your Zed is not polarising, its just how people drive regardless. I have a R33 and a Ford Focus - get the same behaviour from people no matter what car I am out in. Had the same in the VX220 which was scarily exposed (imagine small lightweight tub about 6 inches off the ground) - really, its not a Zed thing.

• Like 1

I'm a pretty normal bloke I reckon ('cept I don't like football) but I don't mind admitting that I reckon a lot of blokes are basically very insecure, despite outward appearances. That alone probably helps to explain a lot of what you've experienced. I've already posted in another thread about when my partner (who is in her 40s) was driving our Nismo to her mum's and a couple of young lads virtually jumped into the road and shouted "A woman! An F'ing woman driving a car like that".

I find it's best to assume that most people are idiots and then be pleasantly surprised by the ones who aren't. :)

This is the one thing that makes me sad sometimes when I'm driving my zed. On what seems to becoming a more frequent bases, I'm find myself in traffic (with what is usually, but not wanting to stereotype) a couple of guys in a white van in the lane next to me leaning out of their window learing and gesticulating at me. It makes me feel really self conscious and vulnerable :(

A guy drives a nice car he gets admiring glances or jealous looks......put a girl behind the same wheel and it's a completely different attitude, getting tired if it :(

• Like 1

:lol:

Just to clarify, a Semi is a fooking great big truck (lorry to you lot) there are no speed restriction for them, so they just as fsat as everyone else....... And they get within a few metres sometime :scare:

Your Zed is not polarising, its just how people drive regardless. I have a R33 and a Ford Focus - get the same behaviour from people no matter what car I am out in. Had the same in the VX220 which was scarily exposed (imagine small lightweight tub about 6 inches off the ground) - really, its not a Zed thing.

Yes, I agree that some people drive like this regardless but, truly, when I drive my Zed I get far more of this sort of dangerous driving in my vicinity. I'm old enough to have driven dozens and dozens of different cars and the Zed definitely does polarise the behaviour of other drivers. Currently I am also driving a brand new Fiesta and I feel invisible in that because it is so anonymous. People drive how they always drive, some good, some bad. But once I get into the Zed, and particularly when I have the roof down, I get met with smiles and waves from a lot of men (it is always men) and they treat me very courteously, allowing me to pull out of junctions etc OR I get the exact opposite and am met with a very aggressive type of driving, almost as if the driver wants to prove something to me. I am no angel so I do get annoyed by dangerous tailgating and it gives me pleasure to pull away quickly when the road opens out. I imagine the man (and again, I'm sorry but it has always been a man so far) nursing his impotent fury as I become an azure blur in the distance.

Edited by twobears