Cyclists - Traffic Lights

ioneabee

I cheered Pendleton on, mainly so I could see her lovely bottom some more :cloud9:

Me too and I know she's retired but any red blooded male can't deny wanting to chase that bottom :)

It's true though, this sort of event attract the elite cyclists as well as those hoping to break through and finally those raising lots of money for worthwhile charities as well as getting rug their rocks off on wearing Lycra...

I was just reading the motorbike thread and noticed a lot of the bikes were replica race bike colours... No one is accusing them of being wanna be Rossi's :)

Let's ban the London marathon for all those wanna be Olympians :thumbs:

Just a little comment from a mate about an hour ago as a lot of roads still closed..!!! :surrender:

Roads were blocked with no diversion signs! Even now with absolutely no one on the course for miles cars were not allowed to cross.

Typical stupidity. How much road tax do the bikes pay?

At least have some traffic management and not shut roads that cannot be bypassed!

:scare:

I hear your frustration but you don't pay road tax, neither do I or any other road user.

Cyclists are most likely also motorists and for all you know pay as much if not more VED than you.

Keeping roads closed after all the participants are through is stupid I agree but how do you think Olympian cyclist athletes get their experience? Lots of the participants of this event are slightly more experienced than the middle aged Lycra fetish you make them out to be.

I'm sure you cheered on Victoria Pendleton ;)

Plenty of places for olympic cyclists to get experience without affecting as many people as it did this weekend. Not really the way to make a city that pretty much already hates cyclists want to change that opinion...

Agree on Victoria though :)

dyje2usy.jpg

Edited by spursmaddave
  • Like 1

Plenty of places for olympic cyclists to get experience without affecting as many people as it did this weekend. Not really the way to make a city that pretty much already hates cyclists want to change that opinion...

dyje2usy.jpg

I wonder how much that seat went for on eBay....

• Like 1

dyje2usy.jpg

I wonder how much that seat went for on eBay....

No as much as the pics of her getting on and off the bike ;)

• Like 1

There not direct replicas tho well movistar might be but

If they aren't then why would someone ride around on a mobile advertising board....

Would you have "virgin" plastered on your zed for no reason?

Btw I have no issue with it but it again seems like double standards. The cycle clothing does serve a purpose for some but what you will find is those you can get in the shops are replicas of cycle teams it's not easy to find a vanilla set. Pretty much like football shirts are all branded after pro teams :)

Agree with you StevoD.

Had a look online at cycling lycra just out of interest. It is available like below;

1606839.jpg

Yet every cyclist I see wearing lycra is plastered in advertising logos from Sky/Discovery channel/Taxi?! etc and racing around like they're in a bl**dy race. :bangin:

Can't beat them though so f**k it tomorrow I'm donning my Nitro race full face helmet, Sparco fire suit, gloves, driving shoes and racing to work at top speed like I'm in the GT Challenge Cup. Hope I beat my PB man. :lol:

I wear my gloves and boots when I go for a blat in the MR2. I still obey the laws of the road. Not sure what difference there is?

People always wear the gear of their heroes. Doesn't natter if it's football, motor racing or cycling.

I wear my gloves and boots when I go for a blat in the MR2. I still obey the laws of the road. Not sure what difference there is?

People always wear the gear of their heroes. Doesn't natter if it's football, motor racing or cycling.

I don't. :shrug: Don't like football or any other ball related sports etc.

I do love to watch motor sports whether it's the BTCC or hill climbs or 24hr LeMans etc but have never dressed up like any sporting person at all. I own a full face helmet for track days/race days and also some Puma/Ferrari racing shoes with thin insoles but have never worn any of that outside of a race circuit.

When I do it is purely for safety purposes and not to emulate someone else. That's just me though.

I own about 6 or 7 Race Suits with full decals from various past exploits,

The last time I wore one was for a 5 hour Celebrity Charity Kart race

(I'm not a celebrity by the way, just got an invite).

It was like putting a target on my back, it was lets get the prat in the flash race suit..!!!

I'm sure the same happens with bikes..!! :surrender: :surrender: :scare:

How the holy hell as this gone on for 11 pages?

you're not kidding - if you check my 1st post - its a joke gif :wacko: , but its been fun anyway :lol::surrender:

Edited by ioneabee

How the holy hell as this gone on for 11 pages?

you're not kidding - if you check my 1st post - its a joke gif :wacko: , but its been fun anyway :lol::surrender:

Longer than your build thread would be if you had one. :surrender::lol:

I don't need a build thread - my car came with a finished colour :stir:

• Like 1