Any bikers here?

skahigh

After 13 years on four wheels I've finally started on the path to getting out on two.

Have completed my CBT and theory test and today went out on the big bikes for the first time (650 bandit).

Had an absolute blast and can't wait to get me license and a bike.

Anyone else here in to the bikes? My zed felt seriously slow driving home!

Yes and love every second of it - ride a harley 883 iron which has been remapped and has short shot exhaust. It's my first bike and one bit of advice - don't rush through your lessons and be 1111110% sure you're confident riding. Good luck and enjoy

Well, I had 5 hours of riding today and getting quite used to the handling basics already (covered about 60 miles). Have training for my mod 1 test next Sunday and the test the following Tuesday. I only anticipate having one further day of riding before my mod 2.

Thing is, I'm pretty mature on the roads, I have fast cars but don't really drive fast and certainly don't take unnecessary risks.

I won't be going out and buying anything crazy like a litre sports bike, just like cars I'm a big believer in starting small, building up your experience and road craft before moving on to bigger and better machines.

Thinking of a 650 twin for a first bike like the sv650.

Best of luck with the test mate :thumbs:

Riding a bike is aweomse! I've been riding for around 3 years.

Started on a little yamaha r125 yzf. and had the following since

suzuki gsxr 600 05 model.

Suzuki gsxr 600 07 model

And currently Yamaha r6 yzf 06 model

Really into supersport but appreciate all bikes :D

And yes.. now that you have experienced a motorbike your Zed will always feel slow unfortunately :( ( unless you go F.I )

My bike does 0-Banned in silly speeds :lol:

I also have a passion for bikes, had a couple of 600's a few years back been off them a couple of years due to other commitments but bought a gsxr750 a while back but looking to change it for a 1200 buell. You'll have the best of both worlds.. Plenty of sides way action from the zed in the wet and when the sun pops out go for a nice quiet spin on the bike. You will feel very vulnerable on a bike until you get used to it but be very careful at all times, you can't afford not to these days. If your local to South Wales, we'll go out for a spin once your sorted!

umuhy2e5.jpgde4e3e5a.jpgge4adepe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also have a passion for bikes, had a couple of 600's a few years back been off them a couple of years due to other commitments but bought a gsxr750 a while back but looking to change it for a 1200 buell. You'll have the best of both worlds.. Plenty of sides way action from the zed in the wet and when the sun pops out go for a nice quiet spin on the bike. You will feel very vulnerable on a bike until you get used to it but be very careful at all times, you can't afford not to these days. If your local to South Wales, we'll go out for a spin once your sorted!

Lovely bikes, you obviously like your liveries. :)

Might need a new months of riding on my own before I'm happy to go out with someone else but thanks for the offer, I'll look forward to it next summer. :D

Lovely bikes, you obviously like your liveries. :)

Might need a new months of riding on my own before I'm happy to go out with someone else but thanks for the offer, I'll look forward to it next summer. :D

When I first started riding I used to go out with a bunch of boys who had been riding years. Not the best of experiences that's for sure, my arse has never twitched so much in all it's life.. Like you said it's best to plod along on your own for a bit, get familiar with yourself as a new rider and your bike. It was like starting all over again a few months back as id been out of it for a few years. So just using it as a cheap run around at the moment as my car is a little juicy to use every day.

I love the bikes :thumbs:

The boss isn't so happy with me having one - but I have an R1 powered car now so all is well :lol:

DSCN4332.jpg

Good luck with the test :thumbs:

That would be interesting to see Keyser, I always fancied a bike powered classic mini

Bikes are great fun, ride defensively, you will realise quickly how poorly people drive

Best to ride alone as you will ride within you're own limits and not someone else's

Good luck with the test, don't settle on the first bike you ride ( easy done as they are all impressive) take lots of test rides :thumbs:

Edited by GIXXERUK

Passed my test many years ago & got back into biking about 7 years back. Had a VFR 750F for many years before getting my current bike, CBR 900RR Fireblade last year.

To be honest the Fireblade is a bit of an animal (the VFR was much more rideable day to day) & I don't use it as much since getting the Zed. But great fun on the days I do decide to take it for a blast :teeth:

After 13 years on four wheels I've finally started on the path to getting out on two.

Have completed my CBT and theory test and today went out on the big bikes for the first time (650 bandit).

Hi skahigh,..........................

..................i did it viceversa ;)

After riding 32 years on two wheels without an accidenti had a bad crash last year. so i promised my wife not to buy another bike B) ,.....my decision was to own a 350Z.......................And the decision was good :D

post-22742-0-20131300-1407777839_thumb.jpg

post-22742-0-74671300-1407778173_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi skahigh,..........................

..................i did it viceversa ;)

After riding 32 years on two wheels without an accidenti had a bad crash last year. so i promised my wife not to buy another bike B) ,.....my decision was to own a 350Z.......................And the decision was good :D

post-22742-0-20131300-1407777839_thumb.jpg

Lovely bikes!

Such a shame that 32 years of safe biking can be outweighed by just one accident. :(

oh hell yeah this is my stomping ground... well will be once again when i get my hands on another one.

just sold this (05 R1 with lots of extras) to buy the zed, but on the look out now for a gsxr 1000 k5 or up ideally a k6 but i need to ride one before i settle on which to get.

253299_10150876337066973_338057320_n.jpg?oh=dcf31c5ca65e1fc6b7f2313c188571c9&oe=546E39FB

oh hell yeah this is my stomping ground... well will be once again when i get my hands on another one.

just sold this (05 R1 with lots of extras) to buy the zed, but on the look out now for a gsxr 1000 k5 or up ideally a k6 but i need to ride one before i settle on which to get.

253299_10150876337066973_338057320_n.jpg?oh=dcf31c5ca65e1fc6b7f2313c188571c9&oe=546E39FB

I'm selling my k7 :-)

I'm selling my k7 :-)

and your in the UK which would be holding uk money ;)

it is tasty though,

My other half has just passed his bike test (he's 33). I bought him an SV650 as a surprise present and he likes it as his first bike. I'm pillion quite a bit and find it good enough, but he'll be upgrading to something bigger next summer for us to tour around on a little more comfortably.

Good luck with your tests :thumbs:

Edited by Lyndzzz