Am i being a little OCD?

dannybz

Excuse me but i need a little rant here about my new zed.

It's a 2004 with 62k on it gunmetal... anyway as i have been cleaning her lately i have noticed that there seems to be a lot of stone chips and minor scratches etc around the car, obviously the front bumper is the worst and seems to be quite a few on the bonnet. But it really bugs me for some reason... i hate having chips and scratches... i know the car is a bit old but arghhhhh

Also, another thing bugging me are the leather seats, not in the best condition!

Do most of you who have zeds have a lot of stone chips and scratch/blemishes?

I really want to fix her up but considering i probably wont get back what i put in when i come to sell her i am having doubts.. so i dunno.

But a frontal respray and tidy up the chips here and there around the car and the scratches would be nice... also some new seats would be cool.

I also have some small dents in her, on both doors and on the side wing next to the bonnet on top there.

Do i fix her up? is it worth it? hmmmmmmmm

Edited by dannybz

Didn't you notice all these things when you bought it? Why would you then rant about it?

Stone chips are normal, happens on all cars of this design, happened on my VX220 happens on my Skyline.

Leather does wear over the course of ten years, you can fix this cheaply if you buy a leather repair kit for circa £50 and put in some of your own time and effort. The results are usually very good.

Dents, go for chips away etc? But again if it bothers you why did you buy the car?

tbh i never really noticed to much when i bought the car, or at least it looked better than it does now for some reason? Perhaps they have cropped up while i have been driving her lol

But i have only had the car for a few weeks.

The big front end stone chips can be put to bed by putting 15 quid in a jar each month and getting a bumper respray every now and again. I find them irritating and will try and find a clear bra or similar for after the next spray.

Like you, I didn't notice some of the smaller dings when I bought it, I was so excited after the test drive I wouldn't have noticed a badger in the boot. Sometimes the light just hits them when I'm washing her and they look huge, but most of the time I don't notice them - unless it's a fresh one from some brain donor at work who insists on parking an inch from me.

Stone chips are part and parcel of the job of owning a zed. Every time I wash the car I spot more but now I don't worry, I just smile and think I enjoyed the ride getting them.

I remember the hoon years ago, following Colin and graham and all I could hear from the front was ping ping ping as the stones bounced off, then I gave up worrying and enjoyed the car and the views.

You can't wrap it in cotton wool so use it I say.

Oh so this is a great car for OCD people like me then lol

I do love the car, i love the roar it gives when i put my foot down, and everything else about it but the paint work... damn nissan how about some bullet proof paint ? :/

Here' you answer. :yahoo:

Auto Car Bra : Nissan 350Z - Full Bra

Car Bra's are the ideal way to protect the bonnet and bumper of your car from stone chips, bugs etc. They cover areas on your car that could be prone to damage whilst driving, and in turn could help retain the cars value.

Our Car Bra's are manufactured to the highest quality from a water resistant PVC leather. They are also have a felt lining, so to protect the underside of the bonnet. The bonnet bras are very easy to fit and remove, they simply slide over the bonnet like a sleeve and then are usually fastened by 2/3 straps that fit on the underside so to hold it in place.

Both versions also incorporate wind-deflectors. These are a safety requirement and are they make sure the bonnet bra does not flap around at high speeds.

We offer 2 solutions, either just a bonnet version that just covers aprox 1/4 of the bonnet area, and a full mask which is a one piece solution that covers all the bumper and 1/4 of the bonnet area. 

These are Available in a range of colour options (for a small additional cost), your Car Bra will be made to order, to suit your specific vehicle.

We can also offer a range of colors.

Black is the standard, but we can offer the following at an extra cost.

Black, White, Light Grey, Dark Grey, Yellow, Dark Green, Red, Bordeaux, Brown, Light Beige, Dark Beige, Snake skin effect, Crocodile effect

"All our Car Bras are custom fit for your specific NISSAN model."

350Z.jpg

Paintless dent removal (PDR) is the 8th wonder of the world - a cheap and effective way of getting rid of dents up to the size of saucers - along as the paint isn't broken. Loads of operators about - I pay about £50 a call out but he does all my cars whilst he's there.

With patience and a little skill you can touch up chips and 'nib' and or wet&dry and machine polish them back to perfection - but not really practical for a bumper full of chips, but a good way of getting rid of the bigger ones.

I've just had all my bumpers (4) resprayed and it only cost £500 - but they're coming back already!

Interesting rich who would i have to go see to get protective film put on if i had it resprayed?

I got it done by a company I found in a banner on here, Paintshield, it was the xpel film.

Nice one thanks for the share just looked and found another one too that looks good just posted the link above post. Looks like i might do something like this... how much did it cost you to do? Respray and the filming.

Edited by dannybz