Am i being a little OCD?

dannybz

The easiest way to repair the leather seats on the Zed, especially the bolster on the drivers seat is to use worn 3000grit wet n dry to rub down the cracks. Once all of the cracks have been rubbed down all you have to do is apply at least two coats of leather dye. Mine came out a treat, especially the bolster on the drivers seat,

Zeds have a big flat blunt front end. They get stone chipped to hell. It's normal.

The dealer resprayed my front bumper before I picked my car up to make it look new, but no matter how carefully i made sure i was miles away from other cars in front of me, it soon started picking up stone chips again. Not much you can do to avoid that.

Scratch wise, I was paranoid to the point where I refused to park in any supermarket carparks and if i had to park somewhere made sure i was miles away. It was silly really, as rather than enjoy the car, id be worrying about if anyone scratched it. The plus side was that when I sold it to a dealer, the dealer really could not find any faults with it at all, it was totally 100% immaculate inside & out. It was like a brand new car. Id clean, polish & wax it every week, giving it 2 coats of wax, the roof was treated every 3 months with conditioner & sealant, the leather was cleaned and fed every 3 months.... I used to spend hours on it. I even used to take the wheels off and polish them on the inside.

Funny thing is, my beemer which I replaced it with, which cost 3 times as much as the zed, i seem to only wash it once a month now, and even then its a quick once over with some soapy water! Although thats mainly because i just dont get the spare time to look after it as well. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Think youself lucky that you only deal with stone chips, twice a year here for approx 4 weeks each time we have love bugs that splatter on the car and eat the paint via its acidity. I have a clear bra on mine as well as the rear wheel arch area and sills.

On my previous cars here I also used those black vinyl ugly face masks. It did do its job. However I applied some masking tape around the edges of the black mask thus to prevent paint scratches.

RT Performance (trader on here) were doing a deal a while back on a front end respray for around £450. Bonnet, wings and bumper. Bargain if they are still doing it...