Jagitis - Stage 4

spursmaddave

One thing that I have never been completely happy with is the seats in my XFS, the first year they made them (which mine is) they fitted standard seats like the standard XF, a year later they fitted them with XFR sports seats as standard! If I had realised this I might have looked harder for a slightly newer car but neverimind....

On Monday I got hold of some 2013 sports seats from someone that paid £1,200 for them but couldn't fit them in his XF because the connections were all different, so I bought them for half price (including rear seats too) :)

When I removed mine I realised that they didn't connect to my car either :doh:

My connectors -

E6D0C782-D72A-4C59-887C-9E5A6CE3AC95_zpsjorenxly.jpg

New connectors -

1114D467-9FF4-484D-BAFC-4FB1940BD5CD_zpszxtuyfs2.jpg

But seeing as I like taking things apart I set to work :teeth: had to remove all the electrics from the new seats then take the electrics from the old ones and fit that to the new ones, sounds easy ;)

E44B15FC-AC1D-4AFC-AA84-CBF033818C75_zpsslgitaoo.jpg

D3C34DB0-0598-4E66-B5CB-F3E5B82237CC_zpszwlmo4ky.jpg

5D8DDB33-A597-4069-BEA9-8C03DBCB027C_zpsweosshpe.jpg

8 motors, countless connections and control boxes, not to mention the memory modules!!! And that was without tackling the heating and cooling systems yet :scare:

But worth the effort :)

Comparison -

3E7B86D1-49E8-4BF7-9B9E-4C02C2E2A264_zpsaxpcnnhe.jpg

130AE071-DF56-4F83-B912-3C669CD91A62_zpspe9gss5r.jpg

So much more comfortable and supportive very very happy with them and all the 16 way adjustments work just fine :)

Smd you have too much time on your hands!

Could you not have simply taken the connector blocks apart and reconnected using the correct plug?

That would have been far too easy!! :lol:

And unfortunately completely differently wired!

I even had to swap over the control panel & switches too, when I have a time I will strip down the heating cooling system from the old seats then take the new ones out and swap them over as those are wired completely differently too :wacko:

Smd you have too much time on your hands!

Could you not have simply taken the connector blocks apart and reconnected using the correct plug?

The looms were totally different unfortunately, the new seats are only a year old and the model has had a facelift since then and the whole touchscreen system is different...

I am a seat expert now never got round to re-trimming my Zed ones but had them out a few times, and fitted new leather seats in my missus MX-5 too :)

Nice work Dave, good skills! Have you now done more to the Jag than your Zed? :)

No Paddy not even close! My old Zed was like the nerdy fit girl at school, it looked plain and stock on the outside but when you slipped inside it was very nicely kitted out and a fantastic ride ;)

Sent from the golf club...

• Like 1

Whilst we're in Jag Club...

What's the XF model to go for? I'm thinking dark pump drinker, presumably the 3.0? What's the difference between Luxury and Premium?

2.2 - avoid, gutless laggy and rough as feck!

3.0 - smooth, not desperately quick but fairly economical

3.0S - rapid, a £200 remap or tuning box gives you around 320bhp and over 500lbs/ft :teeth: ( I average about 30mpg on trips that I used to get 22/23 in the Zed)

Luxury - poverty spec

Premium Luxury - decent leather, better audio etc

Portfolio - best leather everywhere, 550w Bang & Olufsen 16 speaker stereo, DAB, heated/cooled seats, dual xenon cornering headlights etc etc etc

An S Portfolio is what I have but a very early one, I could have had a newer car but with less 'toys' but opted for an older one fully kitted out ;)

I drove the 240 BHP 3l derv and it was definitely rapid enough for a luxo barge. The 270 must utterly fly!

It does, and when you crank it up to over 300 and lower it is a proper luxo barge sleeper :ninja:

Sent from the golf club...

Edited by spursmaddave