Hi! New owner, I am 18 by the way... :D Pic heavy.

In my day it was always convertibles like mgb`s, triumph vitesse`s , heralds, midgets whatever we could afford to buy and insure.

So its nice to see a younger member saving his hard ern`d and going for a " sports car " and enjoying it. Good to sense the enthusiasm he excels.

I had a good look under the car today and gave it a polish, looked for any branding on the exhaust but it is just completely bare stainless steel, no engraving, nothing..................hmm

I had a good look under the car today and gave it a polish, looked for any branding on the exhaust but it is just completely bare stainless steel, no engraving, nothing..................hmm

Possibly an ebay special..........not the best but as its free (well sort of) then who cares.

Possibly an ebay special..........not the best but as its free (well sort of) then who cares.

..Or could be a custom made exhaust. :dry:

On my old CTR I had a custom made exhaust from Longlife. No branding on the stainless steel back box that I ever saw just a daft sticker that they stuck on my rear bumper without asking permission. :angry: The sticker was removed the moment I got home. :lol:;)

• Like 1

:welcome:

Must say i'm a bit jealous... I paid £1400 to insure my second car in my second year of driving.... and that was a 1.4 Fiat Stilo :rant:

£2k in the first year for an Alfa 156 :wacko:

As others have said, you did overpay for the car, but screw that its lovely and I'm sure you won't have any regrets.

On my old CTR I had a custom made exhaust from Longlife. No branding on the stainless steel back box that I ever saw just a daft sticker that they stuck on my rear bumper without asking permission. :angry: The sticker was removed the moment I got home. :lol:;)

I would flip my lid if they did that to me... they would have taken it off before i got home :lol:

I would flip my lid if they did that to me... they would have taken it off before i got home :lol:

I wasn't too pleased as the idiot that put the sticker on didn't even put it on straight or in the centre. My OCD was going mental. :lol:

Luckily the exhaust system sounded great so 5 minutes when I got home removing the sticker didn't bother me that much. :D

• Like 1

My Cobra system didn't have anything on it... Put some decent pics up and we can tell

My Cobra system didn't have anything on it... Put some decent pics up and we can tell

Will get some shots tomorrow, hopefully the rain will hold off :unsure:

As said, fair play for getting a Zed so young, and saving hard to get it and pay for the insurance. Looks a nice example, though not a fan of the wheels if im honest, but each to their own. If the garage is going the rear struts for you, ask them to show you how they know its a Nismo exhaust if it bothers you. Ultimately, if your happy with it, regardless of the brand, then dont bother. It maybe a good chance to look under the car while its in the garage, so you can spot any other potential issues under there. Cant say iv ever heard of rusted rear struts, so id be wondering what else is going to need replacing.

Enjoy the car anyway, and dont go hell for leather to start with, take it easy, and build yourself up. Though im sure people close to you have already said the same thing.

• Like 1

As said, fair play for getting a Zed so young, and saving hard to get it and pay for the insurance. Looks a nice example, though not a fan of the wheels if im honest, but each to their own. If the garage is going the rear struts for you, ask them to show you how they know its a Nismo exhaust if it bothers you. Ultimately, if your happy with it, regardless of the brand, then dont bother. It maybe a good chance to look under the car while its in the garage, so you can spot any other potential issues under there. Cant say iv ever heard of rusted rear struts, so id be wondering what else is going to need replacing.

Enjoy the car anyway, and dont go hell for leather to start with, take it easy, and build yourself up. Though im sure people close to you have already said the same thing.

Thanks, I will bare all of that in mind, should be getting the work carried out on the 18th. Then 8 days after that I will be on the road :)

I appreciate everyone's concern about me driving such a car, but if I am totally honest I am not like most people my age, never been drunk, cannot stand loud music, or any music for that matter when I am driving, I could go on and on.. As for my driving style I am extremely careful and very rarely go over speed limits, I absolutely 100% understand that I could kill myself quite easily in this car, therefore I will not be flat out round corners or trying to accelerate as fast as possible (like most teens in the 1.0 corsa's do at the lights, which always makes me laugh.) I will be doing an advance driver training course. It will just be nice to know that the power is there when I need it but I will respect it. Plus the noise is good at just about any RPM.

• Like 1

Thanks, I will bare all of that in mind, should be getting the work carried out on the 18th. Then 8 days after that I will be on the road :)

I appreciate everyone's concern about me driving such a car, but if I am totally honest I am not like most people my age, never been drunk, cannot stand loud music, or any music for that matter when I am driving, I could go on and on.. As for my driving style I am extremely careful and very rarely go over speed limits, I absolutely 100% understand that I could kill myself quite easily in this car, therefore I will not be flat out round corners or trying to accelerate as fast as possible (like most teens in the 1.0 corsa's do at the lights, which always makes me laugh.) I will be doing an advance driver training course. It will just be nice to know that the power is there when I need it but I will respect it. Plus the noise is good at just about any RPM.

I'll be honest with you I often find that driving a car with nearer 300bhp can actually make you a more sedate driver. You don't feel the need to prove anything even if the teenage angst gets the better of you! Instead you can just smile, pull away slow and laugh as the corsa chucks all of its 3 cylinders into full chat.

Just enjoy it bud.......provided you get time to drive it with the swathe of teenage girlies who'll be scuttling around you :lol: