Anyone running a Supersprint exhaust system???

megatombomb

I love how you've quoted a line from my post and tried to make a witty smarty pants reply when you clearly haven't even understood what I was getting at in the line you've quoted from me. 100% Rofl. The joke is on you. :doh:

I know little about SS, nothing more other than having a quick look at theyre website in response to people saying Motordyne or Amuse (and even Powerflow lol) are better but one thing i can clearly see is that Supersprint aren't going out of business anytime soon due to Z owners not buying their expensive exhausts!

You should visit their website. But that would only reinforce how daft you've been.

Sorry but I was compelled to reply.

Lol also I got called snobby. Rofl, that's entertainment.

Again I am compelled to reply if only as it seems no one else is likely to defend me on here lol. :surrender:

Think about it for a second.... why would I buy a Nissan if I was a snob!?

I would have bought an Audi A3 or BMW 1 series or a Mercedes SLK!

My previous cars included 2 Fiats and 2 Alfas (Fiat with nice engine) - hardly snob worthy machinery!

Do yourself a favour and think twice and try get to know someone a little better rather than going off one (admittedly slightly silly) comment merely suggesting at jealousy and spending large amounts of money on exhausts/mods before judging someone like that.

I have some observations of my own to make. Having looked at probably every single 350Z for sale on Autotrader and Pistonheads over the last month or two (admittedly newer lower mileage ones in the £8k to £12k range and not the earlier models) I saw very, very few examples of cars that had had £27 spent on 'modifications' let alone £2700 which in itself as some have said is a small amount compared to what you've spent on youre own cars. These Z owners were instantly dismissing the expensive SS system as 'insanity' or 'idiotic' when these very same people are then later saying that they've spent alot more money on mods for their own cars which from my perspective would seem very hypocritical. My time spent searching on aforementioned sites for a lovely example of a Z certainly suggest that In the world of Z owners you are very much in the minority. The difference between me and you is not snobbery or wallet size (I can be easily beaten in this respect) but the ability to be open minded about things...for example just because you spend £10000 on modding a car it doesn't necessarily make it a better car does it? Anyway you wont see me taking digs and calling you idiotic or insane for blowing more than youre own cars values maybe even twice over on things you'll see very little if any monetary return on. I myself truly believe if it makes you happy that's really all that matters and as some have impolitely said to me 'its youre car so do what you want'.

All through this thread ive tried to remain neutral and open and honest but it's for the most part been wasted. Yes I may have deviated and gotten abit defensive in response to some of the replies I got but no one seems to have tried to understand why. My response was labeled 'passive aggressive' last time but while typing it I was feeling anything but ;)

I wont look at or contribute to this post again. I'm not upset or angry about anything but I will certainly think twice before coming on the forum and trying to express an opinion or make an open suggestion that I know some (not all) folk wont even try to open mindedly consider or reasonably reply to on here again!

Despite this I have gained some knowledge on HR exhausts from this post and I am grateful for that. I have spent money with 4 Z traders so far since starting this thread and it has been a pleasure to own and drive a 350Z once again.

Finally to those who did manage to not somehow be offended or upset by me and took their time to reply sensibly (or were just reading while biting their tongues) I thankyou for youre time :)

Kind Regards,

Tom.

Tom I understand where your coming from, I've spent stupid amounts of money on car upgrades that most people will think is stupid and ridiculous, I get that. It was the way you came across in your replys to people that you were somewhat better than everyone else and money was no issue. People came on trying to give you advice but you shot them down which is fair enough if your decided on what your buying. I think it was just the way you wrote your replies. Sometimes when your typing it while thinking it in your head it seems ok but when people read it back it comes across differently. Your right though, I don't know you and you don't know me. The only way you can judge someone on here is by what they write and maybe you haven't came across great.

At the end of the day if you want to spend daft amounts of money on manifolds you go for it because it won't be long til I'm spending daft amounts of money on something else aswell. Peace

Why would a snob buy a a3, 1 series or a slk?

Maybe for his wife or daughter?

For the record, I think the exhaust sounds like a cobra.

To the op, you need to calm down. You've got £8k - £12k to spend on a car. I've lost more on depreciation in the past but I don't shout about it. If you were buying new you couldn't afford a decent fiesta let alone a a3 or slk.

Edited by Kev

No, he'll definitely feel compelled to comment again...

Clearly not satisfied with calling us jealous, stubborn, poverty stricken, hypocritical, closed minded plonkers...

I'm sure he'll be more than willing to give us yet another fascinating insight into his psyche.

Basically had a 3 page tantrum after being given some friendly advice about some overpriced manifolds. A product which he admits knowing nothing about. Then has another tantrum when members suggest that he's being a bit of a pompous arse in some of his posts.

Let us know when you get those bad boys fitted.

For what its worth SS make quality exhaust and have solid R&D to support their products. Yes they are pricey. I had a SS cat-back exhaust on my M3 E46 and cleverly got a used one.

If the op wants to blow his dough on an SS system it's his prerogative. All we can offer is alternatives to broaden his choice. What he does with this advice is up to him and it should not end up being a dick swinging contest.

Someone has to take a plunge at some point right?

• Like 1

For what its worth SS make quality exhaust and have solid R&D to support their products. Yes they are pricey. I had a SS cat-back exhaust on my M3 E46 and cleverly got a used one.

If the op wants to blow his dough on an SS system it's his prerogative. All we can offer is alternatives to broaden his choice. What he does with this advice is up to him and it should not end up being a dick swinging contest.

Someone has to take a plunge at some point right?

I'd happily take the plunge to get the best of everything for my car, but as I've tried explaining before, there is no point getting the best if you don't have the supporting parts.

You wouldn't just buy a SC/Turbo and bolt it on to a dead stock car would you?

You wouldn't buy £3000 speakers and buy a £50 Halfords special Amp?

The only reason for getting this exhaust setup is if you are going to be setting lap records.

(This isn't a pop at you Bennet, just a general reply to the OP.)

Anyway....

Given up.

Enjoy your exhaust OP :thumbs: