Anyone running a Supersprint exhaust system???

megatombomb

Hi all,

I think I have found the perfect exh system for my imminent 350Z HR purchase based on the video in the link below:

Gotta love that higher pitched 'long tube header' sound and seems very well resonated! :cloud9:

Only problem I cant seem to find any owners of this setup maybe due to the high price perhaps? :shrug:

I have a number of questions ive asked a UK supplier about the system and am waiting for him to get back to me.

Does anyone here have his setup or know anyone who does as I need answers!?

Questions are.

1. It appears sports cats are an option - would It be reasonable to expect an MOT pass?

2. The sport cats are mounted further back on the system than stock or other aftermarket options thus require longer O2 sensor looms??

3. After the small inter pipe connecting that connects sport cats into one pipe, can stock or aftermarket centre pipes be used or must remain SS?

4. Do the long tube headers even fit RHD cars?

Its a big ask but would love to know or hear from anyone!

Thanks, Tom.

post-15431-0-34096600-1403729712_thumb.jpg

post-15431-0-09150200-1403729725_thumb.jpg

Lol i'll reply to my own thread first. I already got an email (at this unusual time of day) from Dan at DC Performance (promptest replier I think ive ever known) answering some of my questions.....

The exhaust should pass MOT with the sports cats in place. The connector (inter pipe) is leave so should allow any 70mm exhaust system to fit. He does not know if the OEM is 70mm.... hopefully someone here knows!?

The o2 sensors should easily be made to fit the 4 relevant bungs on the SS front sections and is designed specifically to prevent CEL coming on.

I know its £2700 odd for the front system (so minus the centre pipe and rear muff) but one only lives once as they say!

Just wish more folks had gone for one!

I know its £2700 odd for the front system (so minus the centre pipe and rear muff) but one only lives once as they say!

How much!! :scare: :scare: :surrender:

If I was going to spend that sort of money tbh I'd rather have a Motordyne system which is highly regarded as one of the best if not the best.

Link: http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/GB/TDX2_With_Titanium_Tips/350MDTDX.aspx

Just imo of course. :thumbs:

Does sound nice but I don't know I means blue tailpipes!?!?..... its also not the BEST ive heard. Actually really like straight pipes too...this one sounds like a Spitfire at low throttle opening then when he floors it all high pitched hell breaks loose lol again it seems thanks too the long tube manifolds!....

(warning potential eargasm's)

That would be too loud though tbh!!

Thing about the SS is its the only longtube system that retains the sports cats as all others ive found delete the cats resulting in MOT fail and only fit LHD cars. Also the system has genuine useful power increase especially I guess when combined with a remap. From my research the long tube headers alone release alot more BHP than any full cat back system can hope to deliver.

• Like 1

I cant help but think I'm going to end up the first owner of the Supersprint System, as I wont be swayed that easily chaps!

Will have to come to some meetings and represent my overpriced (but sweetly voiced) exhaust :thumbs:

I would probably get a custom centre and rear exhaust to complete the system too.

More longtube header (only) goodness.....

:evil: :evil: :evil:

It could well happen - picking the new Z up on Friday if all goes well!

Got lots of plans for what would be my second Z - I have had 2 years of itching on unfinished business.

I am still open to suggestions on HR exhausts that have the higher pitched wail without excess rasp that I'm seeking (please no gruff, farty sound) but don't make the car unroadworthy ie fail MOTable. I like a hard hollow metallic barky kind of sound but not raspy and zingy and I think some people get confused between those two sometimes. Perhaps custom makes sense.

It seems universally accepted that the HR sounds good to 3k RPM then sadly dull and flat afterwards and that was my experience too. Also that the stock cats are responsible for that. Imo the very early Z's had the best exhaust note as standard.

I seem to have come along way from just going for the cheaper Scorpion option lol. Although still not heard one on an HR model.

Thanks all for youre opinions so far :thumbs:

I'm sorry, but that sounds complete rubbish! I can hear the engine over the exhaust and the bit of exhaust I can hear sounds cheap and OEM like. It actually sounds like an inline 4 engine to me.

Oh dear, I'm sorry all that cash for a sound which isn't that great. Everyone is different of course.

I run a full MD system but with oem cats as I've yet to fit the ART pipes, but my oem cats are basically there for the pops and crackles. Basically half the cores are missing and holes drilled into the cats. I love the sound of MD system. Which does come with a choice of tips and looks meaty.

Sorry but that Supersorint sounds a bit weak for the money.

As mentioned the R1 Titanium with ART Pipes is another good sound, more tinny which is what you seem to prefer and would save you some cash at the same time.

If I had that sort of cash to splash I'd be looking at the MD system Wasso and others mention

However remember this is your Zed.

Your the only person who has to like it!

Super loud Zorsts are not my bag anymore however I understand the appeal.

If I was looking that way I'd go Titanium!

How much?!

Take your car to AAS exhausts in Newcastle and get a custom Titanium system with the look and sound you want as well as keeping cats and sensors in sensible places

More opinions.... interesting to read.

Unless you've see an SS exhaust up close you just don't realise the quality of build compared to other 'stainless steel' exhausts from other brands. This is a company that spends way more on R&D time than any other exhaust company I can think of. The gains are also way more than a so called 'titanium catback exhaust.

I admit the system is on the quiet side and that's why I'm only getting the manifolds and cats done but going custom for centre and rear to amplify the sound from the equal length longtubes.

To the chap who said it sounds like a 4 cylinder...... :wacko: I recommend an hearing test.

Also an engine when setup properly will always sound better than an exhaust noise. E46 M3 CSL. I rest my case. IMO the Z is sadly only about exhaust noise unless you go crazy on the engine with ITB's etc.

Anywhoo I respect youre opinions guys, thanks!!

I know we all say, it's your car it's down to you what you do etc...

But this I literally can't see any point in it. It sounds like 99% of all the other exhausts out there.

We say we buy the exhaust because we like the noise etc, but we buy them to stand out and to get attention, this does not sound like a £2700 exhaust. Any custom exhaust fabricator could knock this noise up.

Okay, so it's not just the noise, but the BHP increase you want?...the only point in going down that route, is if you are going to be a heavily FI, racing, touring car trying to squeeze as much BHP you can out of it to get that extra few seconds knocked off your lap time.

I'm sorry but I can't see any reasons to benefit from spending that much on that exhaust.

• Like 1

The csl is not exactly engine noise either, its induction noise from the carbon airbox. An example of engine noise is a 1969 yenko camaro 427 ;)

And I think you'll find you'll gain more overall with a titanium exhaust like the amuse as the weight is far less than that of stainless like the supersprint.

and that setup in the video is way to raspy imo sounds awful. Why not buy 'short' headers instead? A much more tuned sound when combined with motordyne art pipes

• Like 1

You'd also need to be FI to really reap performance rewards.

£2.7k that's a lot of dough on just the exhaust and expect to lose a heap of cash trying to sell it afterwards.

Credit to you for your wallet size though I have to say. Especially on this system.

Good luck and keep us posted :thumbs:

More opinions.... interesting to read.

Unless you've see an SS exhaust up close you just don't realise the quality of build compared to other 'stainless steel' exhausts from other brands. This is a company that spends way more on R&D time than any other exhaust company I can think of. The gains are also way more than a so called 'titanium catback exhaust.

I admit the system is on the quiet side and that's why I'm only getting the manifolds and cats done but going custom for centre and rear to amplify the sound from the equal length longtubes.

To the chap who said it sounds like a 4 cylinder...... :wacko: I recommend an hearing test.

Also an engine when setup properly will always sound better than an exhaust noise. E46 M3 CSL. I rest my case. IMO the Z is sadly only about exhaust noise unless you go crazy on the engine with ITB's etc.

Anywhoo I respect youre opinions guys, thanks!!

Re the CSL we're talking about a much more expensive car to begin with so you're not comparing kumquats with kumquats. You can get a half decent induction sound on the HR with the right boxes (admittedly not carbon fibre like the CSL) and plenum upgrades.

The zed has a fantastic sounding exhaust to begin with and I don't honestly think you need to spend that kind of money to get something naughty - my "subdued" Milltek/Berk DE gets plenty of comps and cost <£1200.

You will get minimal gains with just an exhaust, claimed gains are utter horses @*!#... and definitely no gain if you don't remap. It's your cash, but you could buy a cobra cat back and get pretty much the same sound... and spend the £2000 you saved on something else. Unless it's Ti then a £2700 stainless exhaust is about £1700 overpriced.

Like I said, it's your cash, but you'd do well to listen to other members on here. Between us all we've seen and heard several hundred different Zeds in the flesh, so we do know what we're talking about... Most of the time anyway! :thumbs:

• Like 3