Got to hand back my driving license

350 Russ

Bloody hell Russ, just glad you're going to be okay matey.

My bro was off the road for a year following a seizure, didn't hand his licence back though as that just causes hassle when you want to start driving again. He got the doctors note telling not to drive, waited 365 days, got another letting saying he was fit to drive and off he went.

Some folks have had hassle getting their licence returned from the DVLA, that's why I mention it. Time will fly though mate, it did for him. :)

Thanks for the advice and the get well message ill look into that,

To everyone else who has commented, a big thanks, really do appreciate it.

Sorry to hear this brother. My father used to love Driving and he had to hand his license back.

It made him very sad for some time. However he's been seizure free in the daytime for some time now so he's allowed it back.

I hope that you too remain seizure free and get back on the road as soon as possible

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Is there anyone else who can drive it ? Just to stop the tyres getting flat spots or the walls cracking, brakes seizing, fuel going off etc etc

Even every few weeks will help :thumbs:

This crossed my mind. Even a local fellow Zed owner might be able to help out now and again.

• Like 2

Good luck, and as others have said I'd keep the insurance incase something happens like storm damage or something. And maybe someone you trust could go on the insurance just to keep her ticking sweet. Hope everything goes well for you.

• Like 1

you can always count on an insurance company to shaft you, Just got off the phone to sky insurance who informed me that after that policy has been running one month which i paid £800 for a years cover that i would be getting £400 back.

If only i knew how to do the W****** smiley.

Why would you cancel the insurance? It could still get nicked, burnt out, damaged etc.

I had been quoted elsewhere £141 to get a sorn policy for it to sit in the garage and not be driven etc. so thought id save a couple of quid and cancel the main policy, I thought id get back about £550-£600 I was truly shocked with the amount the gave me. should have known better really.

Edited by 350 Russ

Ah that makes sense, thought you were doing away with it altogether!

It does suck, but that's probably why the other company were cheapest in the first place. Who is the laid up policy with btw? Very difficult to get hold of nowadays.

Ah that makes sense, thought you were doing away with it altogether!

It does suck, but that's probably why the other company were cheapest in the first place. Who is the laid up policy with btw? Very difficult to get hold of nowadays.

http://www.sorninsur...nyOucJI-WXw_wcB

I hadn't done any homework on them yet.

I probably won't bother now, i need to clarify with sky insurance still as to whether I was in a position to make a claim i still could given that it says on my certificate that the insurance is for people who are not disqualified from holding or obtaining a full uk licence.

Edited by 350 Russ

Just read this thread, don't know you personally but gutted for you as a fellow enthusiast

Hope the next year goes quickly for you, look on the bright side your zed will be waiting for you and you can get all the things done you need to do to get her in tip top pristine condition for your special day when you get your licence back, good luck, get well, look forward :thumbs:

• Like 1

Why would you cancel the insurance? It could still get nicked, burnt out, damaged etc.

Huge chance that his insurance provider would have declined the cover once they knew the DVLA took his license anyway mate.

Edited by nowhereboy

Sorry to hear of your problems. This happened to my niece (with a form of night time epilepsy). They now have it well under control with medication. Her Ford Ka sat in a farmyard (unstarted) for 1 year. She got me to go and try and get it going again. The brakes took a bit of persuasion to un-weld themselves, and bit of general jiggery-pokery was required. With a new battery and fresh petrol it started second time. She didn't have a recurrence and got the green light from the DVLA. I'm not sure I have seen a happier person when she saw that little ol' Ka coming down the farm drive. Good luck :thumbs:

• Like 1

Huge chance that his insurance provider would have declined the cover once they knew the DVLA took his license anyway mate.

Perhaps, but if they did the ombudsman would have a field day with them. Certainly none of the reputable guys would ever try something like that. My brother never had any issues with his.

Edited by Ekona
  • Like 1