Chirag1988's Build Thread - service update

Today was a special day again - Service Day!

Took her back to Ross at Japex who carried out a P1 along with changing over the spark plugs. He gave the zed an inspection all over and said she's in very good nick, no issues to worry about other than needing to change my tyres (excuse to look at new wheels then!).

Spark plugs weren't too bad, but about right condition for needing a change over - an expensive update but one definitely worth carrying out! Will get some comparison pics of the plugs once Ross pings them over to me :)

IMAG0089.jpg

IMAG0088.jpg

Also Adrian lives only 15mins away so decided to pop down to say :wave: and took me for a spin in his monster and you should have seen the look on my face!! :scare: :scare: :scare: The car SHIFTS like nothing I've sat in before!

IMAG0092.jpg

And finally on my way home she hit a nice milestone of 50k miles :)

IMAG0093.jpg

So next mod seems to be looking like wheels...

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

So from my previous post about needing new tyres after my service, I was contemplating just changing the rubber or getting new wheels altogether...as you can see I went for the latter!

Also seeing as it was my 2 year anniversary with the zed on Monday and it's coming up to Christmas, I thought I'd treat her to some new footwear :p

Presenting...XXR 527 19" all around in Chromium Black - absolutely love them! :teeth:

Old GT4 wheels

IMAG0181.jpg

Got the alignment checked as well whilst I was there

IMAG0184_5.jpg

Old vs New

IMAG0187.jpg

New wheels!

IMAG0183.jpg

Test fit

IMAG0188.jpg

Now just pic whoring :teeth:

IMAG0191_1.jpg

IMAG0190_10.jpg

IMAG0192.jpg

IMAG0194.jpg

IMAG0196_1.jpg

IMAG0199_5.jpg

IMAG0202_2.jpg

Some Instagram editing

IMG_20151216_190237_5.jpg

• Like 3

Oooh very nice, I like dark wheels on a black car. Thinking about getting mine done darker. :thumbs:

I didn't want flat black as I find the wheels would get lost in the arches, so I opted for the Chromium Black (prob just a fancy name for Shadow Chrome) but the colour has that nice shine to it :)

Almost certainly, the OSR looks backwards to me. Drive with *extreme* caution (like 30mph max) to the tyre place, and get them to sort.

Almost certainly, the OSR looks backwards to me. Drive with *extreme* caution (like 30mph max) to the tyre place, and get them to sort.

Wasnt just me then lol! Tyre guru agrees :D

Will do Dan, not my daily so sleeping in the garage at the moment so no dramas there :)

Looks awesome but is it just me or are the tyres facing the wrong way on the backs???

Ok just checked the tyres myself and turns out they are on correctly! It did seem like they were on backwards but its just the tread pattern. All four corners read OUTSIDE on the wall, and a quick search on google for the tyres shows the tread pattern goes in a "wavy" direction (see pic below of example of my tyre) Maxxis Victra Sport Zero One

http://www.oponeo.co.uk/Temp/maxxis-victra-sport-vs-01-13484-t-f-l600-sk3.png

• Like 1