Speeding

i'm sure some of you have heard or read about someone who was caught by a speed camera doing 147 Mph on the A40. I was just wondering, can a speed camera catch your number plate at that speed? May sound like a stupid question but i'm a stupid guy so I don't know for sure.

Edited by Rock_Steady

Yep and that was with the old style Gatso Camera.

As somebody who works in the industry (CCTV) I wouldn't try and outrun

the new style Digital IR Speed Cameras as you need to past the calibration

marks on the road at 000.1 of a sec. So I will let the brains on her work

out how fast you need to be going to beat it. .. :scare: :scare:

I was always told I need to get through a camera on my motorbike at over 155 mph to beat it! I will never test this as speeding is stupid :teeth:

Edited by ZEUS

Depends on the technology I guess. They've been able to accurately measure the speed of F1 cars, Moto GP and possibly the fastest of them all LMP at way over 300 kph to the nearest 0.1 kph, for at least 20 years.

Pete

I heard if you can mantain 180mph for 15 minutes the helicopter would run out of fuel..., job done lol

Good luck finding that 45 mile straight, plus the time to get up to 180mph and the time to slow down :lol:

Oh yeah, and when you get home, they'll be there waiting if you do it in your own car :lol:

Edited by AliveBoy
  • Like 2

I heard if you can mantain 180mph for 15 minutes the helicopter would run out of fuel..., job done lol

The police have been using fixed wing planes in places like Arizona and Nevada for 40 years. Some of the roads there are dead straight for many, many miles, you could reach crazy speeds in the right car.

Pete

My only speeding ticket was 106mph reduced to 84mph as I went under a bridge during the first reading and apparently it nullifies the result :innocent: .

I was in a fiat 500 Diesel eco flex (hire car), trying to get my friend to his honeymoon flight.

96 in a 30 is mental. Autobahns show that motorway speeds can be done 100+ but nearly a tonne in a built up area is worse than 147 in a 70 if you ask me!

Were these speeds of just people tearing along on their own, or were they recorded whilst the car was being chased by police?

96 in a 30 is mental. Autobahns show that motorway speeds can be done 100+ but nearly a tonne in a built up area is worse than 147 in a 70 if you ask me!

Were these speeds of just people tearing along on their own, or were they recorded whilst the car was being chased by police?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/road-and-rail-transport/10859140/Driver-clocked-at-149mph-on-M25.html

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

http://www.telegraph...mph-on-M25.html

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

What's a "victim surcharge of £65" for.. :blush:

Me and Neil spoke about this yesterday, the trick was the TVR had little down force at a set speed (168ish MPH) Which didn't trigger the sensor on the floor for the camera.

so if he had a BGW he would have got caught hmm

• Like 1

Me and Neil spoke about this yesterday, the trick was the TVR had little down force at a set speed (168ish MPH) Which didn't trigger the sensor on the floor for the camera.

so if he had a BGW he would have got caught hmm

:lol: That's what I said to Neil