Ghosts

Grundy

Do you believe?

Had any paranormal experiences, or incidents you just couldn't explain and made you think hmmm....?

Curious and want to hear of anyone's experiences.

Lets try and keep this sensible, if you don't believe that's fair enough, and if you're going to debate with someones story, keep it sensible please :)

Edited by grundy225

Do you believe?

Lets try and keep this sensible, if you don't believe that's fair enough, and if you're going to debate with someones story, keep it sensible please :)

You used the words "Ghosts" and "Sensible" in the same sentence on the 350z owners forum...

You're asking for a lot :lol:

• Like 3

Do you believe?

You used the words "Ghosts" and "Sensible" in the same sentence on the 350z owners forum...

You're asking for a lot :lol:

I know, I cba to write more :lol: Fine - I'll edit.

Nope, dont believe in them at all. However, I do experience weird un-nerving sensations sometimes in certain situations - like if you are hanging about in a graveyard late at night or something. err.. not that i have ever done that. :scare: but that might just be psychological.

It's an odd one. I'm not convinced to be fair but I have a memory of visiting my near 100 year old great grandmother as a child and getting bad vibes from the bathroom - the house was an old Victorian terrace where the bathroom was actually a converted coal shed IIRC. I also remember hearing voices in that room too however I'm not convinced it wasn't a dream/nightmare that has got mixed in with my memories.

Also we were staying in a hotel in York that was built on an old monestry a fact we didn't know until checking out, again a very odd vibe and neither of us slept very well the both nights - and no not because of other nocturnal activities you dirty minded lot :lol:

Finally I was in an old pub in chester where a pint moved across a table and tipped towards my lap, several people saw this and were all spooked. The bar staff when asked if anything strange has happened (without telling them what happened) told me that a little girl likes to knock glasses over.

To be honest this last one I think was down to the bottom of the glass being wet - I don't know if it was before being tipped.

I think our minds fill in some gaps where things can't be explained.

Oh and a ghost seems to empty my wallet of cash from time to time :lol:

Edited by Fodder

I see dead people and the ask me about the rev limit on a 350z ...

Don't believe, if there was the remotest possibility of anyone existing or being able to get back then it would happen and there would be conclusive evidence

No doubt the government would then have a ghost tax

• Like 3

Interesting Read Fodder.

It's a hard subject, as you said Gixxer, there is no factual evidence, just hear say and rumors etc.

I'd like to have an experience, even if I can't prove it to anyone else, just so I know.

I had a friend once who was getting pleasure from his woman and then felt a laping tongue on his love sack, he thought that's nice, how's she doing that then looked down and it was her dog licking him.

Not a ghost story but scary non the less.

• Like 5

Through thousands of years of evolution we have developed instincts to protect us from danger. These instincts can be triggered by otherwise safe situations when they match our built in list of warning signs. The burst of chemicals being pumped round our system readying us for the fight or flight response heighten our senses and awareness of the situation around us, this can provide us with what you could call false positives. Once you get into this frame of mind you begin to be more concious of stimuli you would normally ignore as background information. Also, sensory deprivation, such as complete silence or darkness doesn't go down well with our minds. We are constantly receiving information and when this stops our mind starts inventing things to fill the gaps, seeing things, hearing noises, etc.

So no, I do not believe ghosts exist, but I do believe the (more subtle) reports of sightings are real but misinterpretations of reality.

I'd like to have an experience, even if I can't prove it to anyone else, just so I know.

:lol:

God damn it, knew I shouldn't of started this thread :lol:

Give me a key to your house and a clean white bed sheet, and I'll run around going "wooooooo!"

:lol:

God damn it, knew I shouldn't of started this thread :lol:

Give me a key to your house and a clean white bed sheet, and I'll run around going "wooooooo!"

b27659fed9b4166aafe0d6b9d5e2f0f0f6f1d85448a07398dad91783ff8f79da.jpg

I do actually believe the spirit world exisits but cannot harm you only mess with your head.

After all something that is not of any substance cant actually touch you.

Possession... now thats a bit different and i still think the exocist along with the evil dead sends a few shivers down the spine

I moved to Wales as a 12 year old in 1961, the very large house we lived in was due to be demolished as it stood in the way of the Rock Ferry By Pass. The house we moved to was massive and had been empty for 2 years following the death of an elderly lady who lived there. Being an only child and with no other houses anywhere near I was always listening out for strange noises, most of them turned out to be birds in the loft or in a few cases birds stuck in the chimneys. Anyway, we rented this house, it was owned by The Castle Fire Brick Company who in turn were owned by John Summers Steelworks. The house still had a lot of "stuff" lying about, one of them was a diary belonging to the old lady from the early 1900's . There were also some wonderful drawings she had made as a child. She was one of a large family of 8 children but when we read through the diary we came to some pages where she described no less than 5 of her siblings all dying in the same week in a flu pandemic that swept the country in the early 1900's or possibly the late 1890's. Then, we later found out that her husband had hung himself in the house in the 1930's....shortly after that we received news that the person who had taken over the tenancy of our old house in Birkenhead had also hung himself in the house...how weird is that!

When I was 15 or so, this weird noise started up but only late at night. I can only describe it as the noise you would hear if you stood a few feet away from an electrical sub station. This went on for several years and would last 15 to 30 minutes before it stopped. It could only be heard from my bedroom and seemed to be coming from the loft (which is where the suicide took place). The loft had been sealed by my Dad when we first moved in and according to him there was nothing up there to cause such a noise and the electricity supply was on the opposite side of the house. I left there when I was 24, the noises had stopped by then, but years later spoke to the next occupants who also heard strange unexplained noises. I don't think I'd ever want to live in an old, large and isolated house again :scare: .

Pete

Damn you Stevo!

Not sure whether to get involved :dry: don't want grundy to turn into 'ghosts are real guy'.

Be nice or I'm rage quitting the internet!

That's like telling me not to press the giant red button with 'do not press' on it.

On a more serious note I've never had an encounter with a floating bed sheet, nor do I expect to unless aliveboy manages to find out where I live and sneak in to my window. At which point I feel this is more appropriate:

23281609.jpg

• Like 1