Best exhaust for a 350z

Kev

Which exhaust system is regarded as the best for the 350z?

The only aftermarket exhaust I've bought since I was a teenager was a Akrapovic evo. I loved that but I don't think they make a 350z exhaust.

I don't want anything too loud or that will drone on a motorway.

This will be my first Japanese car so I'm not familiar with any of the brands.

Cheers

Really?

You managed to post in the exhaust section....where this question has been asked many times before. Have a read through, listen to youtube, attend meets.

Sorry to sound harsh, but this is seriously one of the most asked questions, and it gets hugely annoying.

For what it's worth I had a 5zigen pro racer A-Spec and thought it was the best sounding on the market.

The only aftermarket exhaust I've bought since I was a teenager was a Akrapovic evo. I loved that but I don't think they make a 350z exhaust.

Cheers

Cheers

Where are you based Kev?

Cheers

Cheers

Where are you based Kev?

Manchester mate.

Cheers

Do you have a budget to work to?

Kev imo exhausts are very personal taste things. What one person loves the sound of another will hate and the same goes for looks.

Most importantly what's your budget?

If it's only a few hundred pounds or so then there is no point in any of us saying get the Ark system or Invidia as they will be hugely out of your budget.

Personally I have gone for an Invidia Gemini exhaust system on my 350z as the stainless steel rear pipes are fairly OEM looking although slightly bigger, it's a true dual exhaust system and the sound is increased although still fairly moderate compared to the likes of a K1 system. It's also extremely good quality and paired together with the Berks HFC's (High Flow Cats) I have gives a good gain on power & sounds even better. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Cheers

I want to keep it below £1000 if possible, due to the value of the car.

I spent a fortune on a akrapovic a while back, but I knew I could sell it for a good price before I sold the car it was on.

I really like the look of the Ark.

Edited by Kev

Cheers

I spent a fortune on a akrapovic a while back, but I knew I could sell it for a good price before I sold the car it was on.

That's enough to get you a decent system. :thumbs: Look on Tarmac. :pmtarmac:

We supplied and fitted the Invidia Gemini last week and that's a very easy system to live with on a day to day basis, the Cobra cat back system will leave you with change from a £1000 too, as this comes in at £700... :)

If we can help please do drop us a call, PM or email... :)

Edited by CS
  • Like 1

Cheers

Well Invidia/Miltek paired with some Berk Hfc's might be best option. Like others have mentioned, go jump on youtube and get some ideas of exhaust tone/noise etc or even better go a local meet to hear the exhausts in the flesh before spanking your cash.

• Like 1

We supplied and fitted the Invidia Gemini last week and that's a very easy system to live with on a day to day basis, the Cobra cat back system will leave you with change from a £1000 too, as this comes in at £700... :)

If we can help please do drop us a call, PM or email... :)

Yep have to say the Cobra cat back exhaust with the cobra sounds amazing, would of sold you my Cobra system but mine has been sold even before it is off the car :lol:

With that £1000 budget Kev are you just doing the exhaust system or hoping to do the Cats as well at the same time?

The Invidia Gemini exhaust system I have is available for £848 odd from Tarmac Sportz; http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/GB/Invidia_350Z_GEMINI_ROLLED_STAINLESS_STEEL_TIPS_CAT-BACK/HS02N3ZGIS_.aspx

The Ark system is a little over £1000 at £1076 odd from the same seller; http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/GB/350z_ARK_Grip_Exhaust_Burnt_Tip/SM0900-0030G-_.aspx

If you wanted HFC's at the same time then you'd need about an extra £415 odd on top. ;)

With that £1000 budget Kev are you just doing the exhaust system or hoping to do the Cats as well at the same time?

The Invidia Gemini exhaust system I have is available for £848 odd from Tarmac Sportz; http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/GB/Invidia_350Z_GEMINI_ROLLED_STAINLESS_STEEL_TIPS_CAT-BACK/HS02N3ZGIS_.aspx

The Ark system is a little over £1000 at £1076 odd from the same seller; http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/GB/350z_ARK_Grip_Exhaust_Burnt_Tip/SM0900-0030G-_.aspx

If you wanted HFC's at the same time then you'd need about an extra £415 odd on top. ;)

I want to try and avoid going too far over £1000 so I was thinking just the exhaust.

I want to try and avoid going too far over £1000 so I was thinking just the exhaust.

Fair enough. ;)

There are some videos in this link supplied of various exhausts although bear in mind that they will all sound different in person especially as different cameras/video recorders will all have different microphones etc. Link: http://www.350z-uk.c...-videos-thread/

There are several excellent traders on here who will be more than happy to help you get a decent exhaust system for your Zed. Tarmac Sportz, The Cougar Store and Horsham Developments just to name a few. It's also worth checking for "group buys" on these things as that'll save you money. :)

I'd personally recommend the Invidia Germini as it's a great quality system ~ it's a true dual system and doesn't have any "flexi" joints like some exhausts.

This is Tarmac Sportz website (just to give you ideas on what they look like/prices ;) ); http://www.tarmacspo...fc-24678e254d1d

Edited by GMballistic

Is anyone planning a exhaust group buy?

I like the invidia and Ark.

From what I'm reading I'm going to need HFC's too.

No more mods for me after that.

Tarmac Sportz HFC's group buy; http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/83358-tarmac-sportz-annual-pre-season-berk-hfc-group-buy/

Kev if you hover your cursor over a user's name then you can send them a PM (private message) ~ if your seriously interested in getting the Ark or Invidia Gemini exhaust systems with Berks HFC's then your best bet is to PM Tarmac Sportz or Cougar Store etc to see what they can do for you. Will probably get a better price for buying the system & the Cats together too. ;)

• Like 1

I run the Invidia with Berk HFC's and find it perfect all round, has a nice tone to it without it being "yobbish" and more importantly NO DRONE at all at any RPM. My last exhaust which was a "HKS True Dual Style" had an awesome deep burble to it, but just too loud for my ears......Cant go wrong with the Invidia and Berks.

• Like 1

I'm leaning towards the Invidia but I'd like to hear that and the ARK.

I'm thinking of buying HFC's now and waiting until I've heard both exhausts.

I don't trust YouTube clips to replicate exhaust notes. Is the ARK much louder than the Invidia?