Best exhaust for a 350z

Kev

I'm leaning towards the Invidia but I'd like to hear that and the ARK.

I'm thinking of buying HFC's now and waiting until I've heard both exhausts.

I don't trust YouTube clips to replicate exhaust notes. Is the ARK much louder than the Invidia?

No idea whether the Ark is much louder than the Invidia tbh. Haven't heard the Ark in person.

Maybe ask a mod called glrnet as he has the Ark and has more than likely heard a Zed with an Invidia as well. Glrnets build thread here; http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/58750-how-to-smurfadise-a-zedark-zorst-page-12/

Chromatic an American member has a very detailed build thread including fitting Berks HFC's & Invidia Gemini exhaust system ~ some videos in there too. Link; http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/82449-chromatics-2008-350z-build-journallog/

Although obviously any exhaust system is better heard in person than on video but might help give you an idea. :thumbs:

For a good balance between noise, cost, reliability, performance, comfortable cruising, fitment and looks, I'd say the standard exhaust is best.

Hello there, this is my first post, been a member for a while, found the site very useful.

Went for a drive today and thought exhaust was a bit louder than usual, had a look underneath and found this.

post-19935-0-18944200-1398097903_thumb.jpgpost-19935-0-28618300-1398097911_thumb.jpg

So I'm now needing a new back box and middle section. Looking a keep the car standard, but cost wise is it worth going for a performance system?

Are standard exhaust bits a dealer only thing and if motor factors sell them what kind of tips are available?

Sorry to crash the thread.

Guy.

Edited by Harro

I don't trust YouTube clips to replicate exhaust notes. Is the ARK much louder than the Invidia?

No idea whether the Ark is much louder than the Invidia tbh. Haven't heard the Ark in person.

Maybe ask a mod called glrnet as he has the Ark and has more than likely heard a Zed with an Invidia as well. Glrnets build thread here; http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/58750-how-to-smurfadise-a-zedark-zorst-page-12/

Chromatic an American member has a very detailed build thread including fitting Berks HFC's & Invidia Gemini exhaust system ~ some videos in there too. Link; http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/82449-chromatics-2008-350z-build-journallog/

Although obviously any exhaust system is better heard in person than on video but might help give you an idea. :thumbs:

Cheers for that mate.

Does anyone on here have a Motordyne? I really like them from what I've heard on YouTube.

Maybe ask a mod called glrnet as he has the Ark and has more than likely heard a Zed with an Invidia as well. Glrnets build thread here; http://www.350z-uk.c...-zorst-page-12/

Chromatic an American member has a very detailed build thread including fitting Berks HFC's & Invidia Gemini exhaust system ~ some videos in there too. Link; http://www.350z-uk.c...ild-journallog/

Cheers for that mate.

Does anyone on here have a Motordyne? I really like them from what I've heard on YouTube.

No probs. ;) Not sure about the Motordyne ~ best bet is to start searching the build threads sorry. :lol::D

For a good balance between noise, cost, reliability, performance, comfortable cruising, fitment and looks, I'd say the standard exhaust is best.

Hello there, this is my first post, been a member for a while, found the site very useful.

Went for a drive today and thought exhaust was a bit louder than usual, had a look underneath and found this.

post-19935-0-18944200-1398097903_thumb.jpgpost-19935-0-28618300-1398097911_thumb.jpg

So I'm now needing a new back box and middle section. Looking a keep the car standard, but cost wise is it worth going for a performance system?

Are standard exhaust bits a dealer only thing and if motor factors sell them what kind of tips are available?

Sorry to crash the thread.

Guy.

Welcome aboard Guy firstly. :welcome:

If you price up an exhaust middle section and back box from Nissan you will more than likely be looking at the same cost as an entry level upgrade stainless steel version if not more. You will though however be able to find used exhausts cheaper if you did want to keep it standard.

I went for a stainless steel exhaust as I plan on keeping my Zed for as long as possible and it really makes no sense to pay for a standard system that will immediately start degrading the moment it's fitted.

You can buy a stainless steel Cobra middle section and back box for around £350-£425 ~ less if you start searching the "for sale" section.

Mitz from the Cougar Store who posted above is a great guy and will no doubt be able to sort you out with all the parts you need at a great price. Imo it's a no brainer and I'd get a stainless steel system. :thumbs:

Wasso has the Motordyne also known as the YAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP. When I was driving behind Wasso it sounded awesome B) To be honest most the exhausts sound fantastic.

One thing to keep in mind is resale potential. I did a vote a while back on the milltek vs invidia. The invidia came out on top for several reasons including build quality, sound minus drone & fit. If you sell your car on any time soon then for me the invidia is a no brained as there is a big market for a used one (not seen one yet for sale yet). I plan to get an Invidia although I have not committed yet for various reason. As said lots of dealers on here stock invidia. Give Clark Motorsport a shout too if you go down this route.

One thing to keep in mind is resale potential. I did a vote a while back on the milltek vs invidia. The invidia came out on top for several reasons including build quality, sound minus drone & fit. If you sell your car on any time soon then for me the invidia is a no brained as there is a big market for a used one (not seen one yet for sale yet). I plan to get an Invidia although I have not committed yet for various reason. As said lots of dealers on here stock invidia. Give Clark Motorsport a shout too if you go down this route.

It's the most likely choice at the moment.

I've got a feeling the Motordyne is going to be too expensive.

I get my Ark Grip and Humpy's Ark Grip tomorrow

Soooo excited !!! :)

Some good choices available for your budget OP, drop me a pm as I may be able to squeeze a deal for you :ninja:

Think I maybe a little more excited than you Chris :p

• 2 weeks later...

Iv been looking at a milltek system and now i dont know.....moneys not a problem...up to 1000 dont want noisy and any gain would be good.....HELP!?

Invidia Gemini imo. B)http://www.tarmacsportz.co.uk/GB/Invidia_350Z_GEMINI_ROLLED_STAINLESS_STEEL_TIPS_CAT-BACK/HS02N3ZGIS_.aspx

I believe the Ark is a little noisier although obviously has more of a modified look if that's what you're after. ;)

It's impossible to judge exhausts via YouTube clips.

I want one that's is no louder than standard, just better sounding.

This is the best quality YouTube comparison clip I could find.

Edited by Kev

Best thing to do is get to a meet and hear the exhausts in the flesh and decide from there :thumbs:

Totally agree. :thumbs:

The problem with hearing exhausts via recorded videos is that even two identical exhausts will sound different depending on what camera equipment was used to record them on, back ground noise and obviously what lap top speakers etc you are listening to them through.

Much better to hear them in person. :)

Had anyone got a ark with standard cats?

I'd be interested to know how that sounds as I don't think I want to go down the HFC route.

I can't be bothered with potential mot problems and I think the exhaust is loud enough. I just want a nicer sound.

Did a temp repair job on the holes while I decided what route to take.

These are the prices, with VAT from my Local Nissan dealer:

Back box £376

Mid section £253

2x gaskets £26

Won't be spending that, Cobra system is it then. Quick call to my insurance company reveals my policy doesn't cover mods and I'd have to pay about £400 extra to change to one that does.

Straight away did an online quote with another company, was quoted a cheaper price with mods than I paid last year for standard car.

Soooo hopefully repair job lasts until my insurance is due, and I'll go for performance exhaust and maybe some other mods.