My Little weekend project.....

djtimo

More work on the beast!

Picked up a new torque wrench to help me do the wheel arch stuff.

28tup9d.jpg

Torquing up the ball joints..

s6i340.jpg

Drivers side fully built! Threads on the break callipers needed retapping out but Its built! Only thing left is to fit the break line clips.

290x7as.jpg

Needs a good clean up now!

fom7tx.jpg

More work tomorrow!

• Like 1

looking great !!!

took my rear lip off at the weekend ready to fit my nismo spoiler and mine looks just like your the foam tape left behind is a pain, what you use to remove it?

I got mine off with a plastic scraper and goo gone gel spray. Then a final wipe down with a clean cloth and meths. Took a few hours mind you :)

Nearly there!!!

Picked up some nice fresh 10W-60 Mobil 1 performance oil to treat the zed to after the oil had been sitting for a while.

6dviw1.jpg

Finished pinning all the ball joint nuts and added the break line clips.

1et9iw.jpg

Cleaned the break callipers and inside the wheels ready to refit!

2zntykj.jpg

Quick oil change! (old filter was PITA to remove and had to be stabbed a few times to get it lose)

33fdqvb.jpg

Back on the ground after a epic front suspension overhaul!

a9mnfq.jpg

Now for the alignment and MOT!

• Like 2

Work complete!

Back in the garage waiting for his MOT.

dbl4dc.jpg

I could not help myself drive up and down the street just to check for any funny sounds etc, which I'm glad to say there wasn't. The front end felt TIGHT! Ive not driven the zed for a while but the front felt like it had no play in it at all which is nice!

Work complete!

Back in the garage waiting for his MOT.

dbl4dc.jpg

I could not help myself drive up and down the street just to check for any funny sounds etc, which I'm glad to say there wasn't. The front end felt TIGHT! Ive not driven the zed for a while but the front felt like it had no play in it at all which is nice!

NOT COMPLETE!!!

Where's the BGW? :p

• Like 1

The BGW needs quite a bit if of work to fit IMO. I want it far back as possible so i need to make some spacers to match the feet to the curve of the boot lid. Gonna MOT it first and sort the wing next week.

The BGW needs quite a bit if of work to fit IMO. I want it far back as possible so i need to make some spacers to match the feet to the curve of the boot lid. Gonna MOT it first and sort the wing next week.

+1 I could get some made up, but it's going to take a while as it's low on my list of things to do.
  • Like 1

Need some ideas on which way to go with this?

I have made a start with fitting the GT wing but have a few options I need to look at to get it fitted. Option one is have some spacers made to fit the curve of the boot lid, option two is to have full new legs made, option 3 is have the legs bent slightly to allow the mounts to sit right?

What do you guys think?

Few pics...

xdv6ds.jpg

33vp5zb.jpg

avmtrr.jpg

See what I mean?

wv7oz6.jpg

Any other ideas very welcome :)

If it were me, I'd want it to fit and look absolutely spot on, so custom legs would probably be my choice - if the price isn't insane?

Same here especially as so much time & money has already gone into this car. ;)

Failing that or if the cost is insane then I would look at some sort of spacers to suit. :thumbs:

Got the beast MOT'ed today!

2ppd7ic.jpg

And under it! Need to get my a** in gear and get the rear end off this winter for poly bushing and powder coating!

nvtgty.jpg

And Im glad to say he passed with flying colours!!!

Now for the fun bit!

Made a start mocking up the uprights again.

eg3k75.jpg

Mocked up on the car :) (Looks badass! LOL) and used my phone for a digital level, 12 degrees out the legs are..

4u6pgp.jpg

Bent the legs in a vice using a lot of brute force.

wjgrxh.jpg

Measured and measured again before this bit! Scary! No turning back..

2gu0754.jpg

I've used a 32mm hole saw on the inner skin as the boot is made up of 3 skins, thin outer, thicker inner, thin under. The upper two skins are very close and almost touch, the lower inner skin has a large gap and would crush/deform as you bolt the wing down tight IMHO. Ill throw some more pics up when I get them :)

And its on!

2eznya9.jpg

9vfk36.jpg

Its com in off again next week as I have longer rear bolts to go in and some 1.5mm rubber sheet to replace the white foam that comes with the wing.

Edited by djtimo
  • Like 3