New toy: go pro hero 3+ black edition

Will370z

Well with wales coming up quickly, the track days in the Beemer and a euro road trip planned I decided it was time to treat myself and get one of the go pro camera. Thought if I am spending the money may as well get a 3+ black edition.

Looking forward to putting something together whilst in wales, can't wait.

Bought a 32g micro card and next purchase will be one of the suction grips for the car.

I was wondering if any of you have any tips and tricks for using a go pro, or recommendations for what accessories to get or avoid, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

Extra battery's fully charged.

GoPro app for iphone. Use your phone to see where you are shooting and remotely record/stop.

GoPro Studio on your computer to edit your videos together. The templates make it extremely easy. :thumbs:

Edited by Lacky
  • Like 2

I use the Fat Gheko suction mount, it's crazy strong! & a good price. I have also just got my hands on the GoPro Skelenton case which allows access to charging port on the camera, whilst keeping the camera safe :)

Awesome piece which is yet to arrive the post is an external microphone. I ordered a cheap and cheerful one as a started for 10. Take a listen on YouTube as the sound difference is unbelievable!! I didn't really think about it, but the stock mic is in a sealed camera unit, which is inside a waterproof case....so will sound pretty lame.

Something I see, even on some of the most popular car youtube channels that drives me freaking nuts... when they have the gopro in the car, they have the exposure set completely wrong - so that all you can see if it's sunny outside is the cabin, and the outside world nearly just white.

Of course this is great if you just want to view someone's driving control but 99% of the time it's because they haven't set the exposure ;)

(there are some apps you can do this with now, or just set it to central spot metering, and ensure it's pointing outside properly :D )

YHPM :)

For everyone else though, http://www.dogcamsport.co.uk/

Stop making me google!!!!!!!!

You're his bitch now grundy :)

Isn't that YHBNG? :lol:

Got to love a gopro though Will, I'll be getting one when I'm in the states later in the year :)

Get two! ;)

group buy :lol:

As long as you pay the duty if you get caught Matt!

I'll put them in the Mrs bag... Happy honeymoon present, a massive duty bill on the way home :lol: