Hello ...... Again!

Hi all , just thought I would introduce myself. I was a active member on here about 3-4 years ago , but forgot my password so signed up again. Sold my zed just over 3 years ago as my wife was expecting and also was starting my own little company . Now on the hunt for another zed ( my old one is for sale on here as it happens !) ......... Quite fancy a 370 but are they actually any faster on the road than a hr 350? I know they will be better built but for sheer fun? Anyway hello everyone :)

Hi & welcome

370 faster than 350 can't comment but I can say the 370 is a very nice place to be,

comfort = reasonable

Style = very nice

Pulls well in all gears and 370 is very exclusive not sure if that's good or bad, but certainly limited number on the roads .

Had my 370 now for almost 6 months and all I can say is smiles per mile is 10/10 :)

In standard form, there is nowt in it in terms of straight line speed.

350 is more raw, whereas the 370 is more refined - but both are definitely 'drivers cars'.

As the HR 350 and 370 use the same base engine both are far more tuneable to 500bhp without the need for forgeing the internals, unlike the 276/296bhp 350s where the max safe bhp is about 440bhp (driving style dependent ;) ).

The 370 auto option appeals to many and appears to be more bullet proof than the manual boxes.

I loved my 276 350 but missed the torque with the 296 rev up 350 and didn't appreciate the increasing oil consumption those engines are known for. The 370 with an uprev is very satisfying both in overall speed and torque, for me.

The icing on the cake with the 370 is the synchro rev - but the OEM exhaust is dire in terms of sound quality so when a decent exhaust is fitted you will find your self making additional gear changes just to enjoy the synchro rev. :blush::lol:

• Like 1

All good points above , I'm not after a refined car to be honest ( we have a 2010'merc 250 cdi for that) so I'm sort of leaning again the 350 hr again as it looks like you can pick a nice 07-08 , 30-50k one up for around 9.5-10 .... Slap some spacers , exhaust and remap and enjoy. Where as I would need to put an extra 5k to get into a 370 ...... And a exhaust for them seems big money !

I personally think that's crazy money on an exhaust that only gains you 5-10bhp ? I also considered a e46 m3 but have ruled them out due to age and ....... Boring looking

Forget the bhp gains, it's about how it sounds afterwards imo. B)

Also it will look great afterwards and last the life of the Zed easily. ;)

I personally think that's crazy money on an exhaust that only gains you 5-10bhp ? I also considered a e46 m3 but have ruled them out due to age and ....... Boring looking

Oh the sound of a addicted modder ;) ya I ran a cheap £400 scorpion on my hr and I loved the sound

Oh the sound of a addicted modder ;) ya I ran a cheap £400 scorpion on my hr and I loved the sound

:lol: Yeah I've got the Zeditus bug bad. :wacko::D

I think the exhaust is definitely a worth while investment though for any car. I much prefer the noise my Zed makes now after having my exhaust done on my 350. :thumbs: