F%CKING SPEEDING TICKET

Zedrush

Got a letter yesterday saying that I have been caught for speeding on a camera: 33 mph in a 30 mph lane :rant: God havnt they got anything better to do. Its my first speeding thing, didnt say anything about points or fines just prosecution notice, wonder if Ill get fined on first offence, I got three points from before for one of my tyres was a mm out on tread the guy had to get a ruler out and it was by a mm short? :rant::thumbdown:

What do they do now on first speeding offence is there away around the points will I get points or is it just a warning and go in a produce a producer? :surrender:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I though there was this unwritten rule of the 10%, considering errors on measuring equipment, the fact that your speedo could have been indicating 30mph but out by 10%, hence doing actually 33%, and compounding these two errors , I though they would only do you if they recorded greater than 33...

SOrry to hear that...but rest in the comfort that you have now started the "roadRunner awards" you can be the holder of the Road runner logo, until someone else gets done and then you can transfer the "honour"... :p

42.gif:p:p:p

We do this at work, and we have a toy on top of our desks to see who is the latest offender...I've had the award a couple of times... :blush:

MEEP MEEP...

Its illegal for a speedo to underread. Thats why speedos often underread because they don't want to risk underreading which can lead to big fines.

The 10% thing is often down to reading the speedo. At 30 your only talking 1/2mm and your doing 33mph

Ticket for 33 in a 30 is a complete and utter joke. As Kev says, you couldnt ask for more clear evidence that its not about cutting speed and saving lines, and more about hitting targets and generating revenue.

Utterly pathetic.

How exactly are people to have faith in or respect for the policing in this country if this is the sort of action we have to endure.

Next they'll be telling us that cameras are sited in locations where they need to cut accidents - and not in locations where they are likely to catch out more people :thumbs:

You're gonna be SOL here Jay... The 350 speedo overreads BIG TIME. Well, mine seems to. My GPS consistently states my speed well below my speedo's reading. 70 on the speedo is about 66, 110 is about 98, 120 is 104 :scare: so it's well under-reading. Or the satellite just can't keep up :lol:

I was reliably informed some years ago that the manufacturing tolerance on an analogue speedo was +/- 5%, BUT because car manufacturers didn't want to get sued they persuaded the speedo manufacturers to make the tolerance 0 -> +10%.

Of course, this has the added benefit that servicing comes round 5% (average) faster than it should (good for service dealers), plus recorded mileages are 5% more thereby devaluing you car more (good for sales dealers).

When I'm King I'm gonna put a stop to all this cr*p!

Sorry to hear about yours Zedrush. I got done a few years ago for 34 in a 30 so have lots of sympathy. Mine was an A road and although in a residential area, there is not on-street parking, wide carriageway, footpaths both side separated from the carriageway by grass verges - and one of the local councillors lives along there. His name's on my list too!

And whilst I'm king, all speed limits will be made advisory, with prosections for careless, without due car and attention, dangerous and over forms of cr*ppy driving. I'll even let them use camera evdince in a prosecution of these.

Mutter, mutter, mutter .....

speedos are not allowed to under read i forgot... :blush:

and they become less accurate at higher speed ( show higher speed than you are actually doing...) and the accuracy gets better at lower speeds...

I would ask them to send you the photographic evidence, to confirm it was you driving....

then sign the 60quid 3 point standard fine thingy... once the evidence is provided and posted by the police.

I think if every one does this, the administration processing and costs just to post the picture...will end up with extra police running costs trying to provide evidence for thousands of fines, currently the majority just pay without even seeing the evidence.... :thumbdown: ... if we all did it the costs will escalate, but they will not be able to justify extra funding as this is really a "basic" and "fundamental" requirement (to provide proof of the charge) and because of these costs, they might try and be more reasonable with speeding claims so close to the mark... :rant:

(you never know the photo might show 2 ferraris, a truck and a whole other range of possible obstructions....giving some kind of "reasonable doubt case")

but my advice is ... pay up 60 quid and 3 points is better than the alternative and they will more than likely win.

:surrender::surrender::surrender::surrender::surrender:

:yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck:

Yes i am mildly intoxicated

:surrender:

tyre+ petrol = justice ]

jokes. . . . .i would mention you have no recolleciton of this speed. . .

Got a letter yesterday saying that I have been caught for speeding on a camera: 33 mph in a 30 mph lane :rant: God havnt they got anything better to do. Its my first speeding thing, didnt say anything about points or fines just prosecution notice, wonder if Ill get fined on first offence, I got three points from before for one of my tyres was a mm out on tread the guy had to get a ruler out and it was by a mm short? :rant::thumbdown:

What do they do now on first speeding offence is there away around the points will I get points or is it just a warning and go in a produce a producer? :surrender:

speedos are not allowed to under read i forgot... :blush:

and they become less accurate at higher speed ( show higher speed than you are actually doing...) and the accuracy gets better at lower speeds...

I would ask them to send you the photographic evidence, to confirm it was you driving....

then sign the 60quid 3 point standard fine thingy... once the evidence is provided and posted by the police.

I think if every one does this, the administration processing and costs just to post the picture...will end up with extra police running costs trying to provide evidence for thousands of fines, currently the majority just pay without even seeing the evidence.... :thumbdown: ... if we all did it the costs will escalate, but they will not be able to justify extra funding as this is really a "basic" and "fundamental" requirement (to provide proof of the charge) and because of these costs, they might try and be more reasonable with speeding claims so close to the mark... :rant:

(you never know the photo might show 2 ferraris, a truck and a whole other range of possible obstructions....giving some kind of "reasonable doubt case")

but my advice is ... pay up 60 quid and 3 points is better than the alternative and they will more than likely win.

Only problem is the more work everyone makes for the police, the likelyhood the heavier they will make the fines. Comes in swings and roundabouts unfortunatly :thumbdown:

Getting nicked for doing 33 in a 30 is ludicrious - you should have got a flaming medal!!!! It's the careful drivers that are doing that speed - you might as well have shot past the 30mph sign at 70! As previously said - its just tax collecting - they should wear masks the robbing thieving gits! :rant:

doesn't look like they have taken into consideration of inaccurate which they should do and also I did read that if you were caught speeding between 31-39 then you should be offered the driving course.

doesn't look like they have taken into consideration of inaccurate which they should do and also I did read that if you were caught speeding between 31-39 then you should be offered the driving course.

Id take the driving course option if thats the case, will they will probably make me pay for that as well though? :thumbdown:

It gets to a point where you think even if you check everything on your car and stick by the law they are just waiting on the fence to catch you its like a game of cat and mouse

So drive slower and don't drive around on illegal tyres :p

It gets to a point where you think even if you check everything on your car and stick by the law they are just waiting on the fence to catch you its like a game of cat and mouse

So drive slower and don't drive around on illegal tyres :p

:p