Christ it's quick!!!

Darren350

Well, yesterday I went to the cinema with a mate to watch Need for Speed. Being an idiot I guess I am easily influenced so decided to give the car some proverbial beans on the way home.

Wow. It really does surprise me! I've had the car maybe a few months max, and with work and a wife that hates fast driving I haven't really had any chance to give it a proper drive.

But yesterday I thought I should see what she's made up. Being a 2004 early model I'm guessing it only had 276BHP is it...? I say only but it seemed more than quick enough to me!

The power is instant and rapid, and cruising along in 2nd at say 30 or so when you slam that right foot down you reach license wrecking speeds in no time. I was amazed to see how fast I was going at a few points to be honest.

Better be careful though!

(This was all done on my own private race track of course)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

:lol: Everybody only ever speeds on private roads of course. ;):D

I find the Zed deceptively quick. :ninja:

When you actually floor it through the gears all the way to the shift light change point, it's only when you glance at the speedo that you realize f**k me it's going that fast already. :scare::surrender::drive1

• Like 1

There's a new link road near me which is a 40 limit. And when I glanced at the digital read out speedo it told me I was doing 3 times that.

(Of course this just means that my digital speedo is out by 80MPH. Not that I was doing 120 of course)

I always feel like the Z is a little slow under normal driving, it's the progressive power delivery that makes it feel that way for me. The only way to make it feel "quick" is by really stepping on it and shifting up at the redline in every gear. I know what you mean tho, the first time I did some first gear pulls and really pushed on it felt much faster. My DE feels like it has loads of torque low down but it goes nowhere until high rpms.

Edited by nowhereboy

I tried to impress my mates in the pub car park in my Saab 900 turbo by doing a

handbrake turn into a parking space. Unfortunately I didn't realise the handbrake

works only on the front wheels, so I instantly understeered straight into the pub wall.

To the amusement of all in the beer garden. :scare: :scare:.

• Like 8

handbrake turn into a parking space. Unfortunately I didn't realise the handbrake

works only on the front wheels, so I instantly understeered straight into the pub wall.

Bet you got loads of 16 and 17 year old girls that week :lol:

Bet you got loads of 16 and 17 year old girls that week :lol:

No' just a repair bill for a few grand, and barred from the pub..!! :scare: :scare:

Wow. It really does surprise me! I've had the car maybe a few months max, and with work and a wife that hates fast driving I haven't really had any chance to give it a proper drive.

But yesterday I thought I should see what she's made up. Being a 2004 early model I'm guessing it only had 276BHP is it...? I say only but it seemed more than quick enough to me!

The power is instant and rapid, and cruising along in 2nd at say 30 or so when you slam that right foot down you reach license wrecking speeds in no time. I was amazed to see how fast I was going at a few points to be honest.

Guess it depends on what you are used to driving but I went from a diesel golf to a 313 zed and was quite underwhelmed by the performance. Sure, it was quick, but it just didnt feel as quick as I expected. I guess the last proper "quick" car I had before my zed was a 220bhp Renault 5 GT Turbo which would do 0-80 as quick as you could change gear and literally violently throw you back in your seats when the hybrid turbo kicked in. Im also used to sports bikes like my R1 etc. So maybe for me a NA "quick" car just didnt have the right feel. Saying that, my 123d does 0-60 in 6.2 seconds which is only less than half a second slower than a zed and that too doesnt feel quick until you look at the speedo and think "christ i didnt realise i was doing that speed", so maybe its just me! :lol:

It is nice to see that brainless people are not influenced by films or TV in any possible way

Of course I am not talking about the OP I mean in my own private universe ;)

Sent from the golf club...

My wife took Grand Theft Auto away as I was killing too many hookers :-(

• Like 4

Guess it depends on what you are used to driving but I went from a diesel golf to a 313 zed and was quite underwhelmed by the performance. Sure, it was quick, but it just didnt feel as quick as I expected. I guess the last proper "quick" car I had before my zed was a 220bhp Renault 5 GT Turbo which would do 0-80 as quick as you could change gear and literally violently throw you back in your seats when the hybrid turbo kicked in. Im also used to sports bikes like my R1 etc. So maybe for me a NA "quick" car just didnt have the right feel. Saying that, my 123d does 0-60 in 6.2 seconds which is only less than half a second slower than a zed and that too doesnt feel quick until you look at the speedo and think "christ i didnt realise i was doing that speed", so maybe its just me! :lol:

I always bring this up but my old EP3 Type R felt much faster than the Z, however if put in a drag the Z would probably win. I find It's all about how the Z puts the power down, it has no drama, just smooth progressive acceleration through the revs. It's deffinately one of those cars where you dont realize how fast your actually going in it. It's actually my biggest gripe with the Z, in stock form it's a little boring for a sports car (in my opinion of course).

It is nice to see that brainless people are not influenced by films or TV in any possible way

Of course I am not talking about the OP I mean in my own private universe ;)

Sent from the golf club...

My wife took Grand Theft Auto away as I was killing too many hookers :-(

Psml

• Like 1