How many of you use your Zed daily

japcarsbrett

How many of you use your Zed as your daily car  

119 members have voted

1. 1. How many of you use your Zed as your daily car all year round

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes Only In The Summer Months

i hate it being dirty too but i have just done a hard t-cut last weekend and put 4 coats of wax on it since so the dirt and water just runs off and when i drive it all the water comes off and takes the dirt with it hehe, so it takes a few mins to get it spotless with the sponge and i clean it everyday when i get home from work :teeth:

Yep, use it every day, 70 mile round trip to work and used for various work purposes, about 20,000 miles a year.

Damn that's a lot in my old car which was a supra i had it for 2 years and used it like my zed everyday and i only covered 15,000 miles in 2 years so 7,500 a year for me

I enjoy using it for work, even after a really long trips to Europe, I get out feeling fine, only trouble with doing my sort of miles a year is all the little marks, stone chips, etc it gets, so now I just given up cleaning it outside.

i hate it being dirty too but i have just done a hard t-cut last weekend and put 4 coats of wax on it since so the dirt and water just runs off and when i drive it all the water comes off and takes the dirt with it hehe, so it takes a few mins to get it spotless with the sponge and i clean it everyday when i get home from work :teeth:

Off topic sorry but I would really bin that T-cut if I was you. Soft paint on our cars from what I've read and T-cut is just bad news.

I replaced mine with this Meguiars stuff which is much kinda to the paint work. ;)

Meguiars-ScratchX-2.0-product-shot.jpg

Off topic sorry but I would really bin that T-cut if I was you. Soft paint on our cars from what I've read and T-cut is just bad news.

I replaced mine with this Meguiars stuff which is much kinda to the paint work. ;)

Meguiars-ScratchX-2.0-product-shot.jpg

True i heard they have soft paint but i only need to do it the once as the wax will keep the shine up and protect the paint, plus i don't go hard enough to go through the paint so it just takes the grime off and restores the shine :)

I will look into this product you have shown me though looks good thanks :thumbs:

My mrs uses hers everyday, she does a 25 mile commute so at least 50 miles per day, plus any social outings. She does sometimes take my 118d, but the zed is still used by me those days :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Meeerrrk

Unfortunately not :( it's 0.8 miles from home to work so the baby 1.4tdi polo does the job. However, I work as an estate agent, and sometimes it's nice to pull up at a viewing in the zed just to see the look on the faces of the viewers :D

Edited by chirag1988

Used everyday, nothing beats walking out of work and climbing into the Zed for a blast home :)

This.

Love walking past all the boring cars in the car park to get into the Z. I'm going to take the scenic route home tonight.

Aye man and then the customary "how come you've used over a quarter tank if you've only been to work and back Phil?" When I only work 5 miles away from home!

Used everyday, nothing beats walking out of work and climbing into the Zed for a blast home :)

This.

Love walking past all the boring cars in the car park to get into the Z. I'm going to take the scenic route home tonight.

Aye man and then the customary "how come you've used over a quarter tank if you've only been to work and back Phil?" When I only work 5 miles away from home!

haha people look at me like im crazy when I tell em how much petrol I go through.

If you're into your car detailing then you can't beat the Meguiars 3 step system.

Yeah you can... :dummy:

:lol:

Anyway, back on topic (briefly), I used to use the Z daily... right up until I started working from home. It's just not worth getting in the car for that commute any more. :surrender:

I will still drive the Z any time I can I can think of an excuse to though. :lol: