De Tomaso Pantera

Stutopia

So I went to see a man about a special Zed job today :ninja: whilst I was there, I saw this. I was so excited to share it, even though its not exactly Zed related. Sorry for rubs photo.

IMG_3645_zps222668ef.jpg

IMG_3642_zps6edba190.jpg

Never even heard of one before but it was amazeballz. The owner was there fortunately so he gave me some background on it's history and him buying it in bits and putting it back together, it's got a dirty great mid-mounted V8 (500bhp claimed at the wheel) in the boot which actually encroaches into the cabin, past where your elbow rest would be in a regular car!!! It was ridiculously low and had a real GT40 vibe going on. It wasn't in showroom condition (hence being in the shop) but it was incredible looking thing and the custom exhaust which just came straight off the being in the boot (couldn't see any cats or silencer) must sound like the end of the world.

http://en.wikipedia...._Tomaso_Pantera

• Like 1

I had no idea they were so well known! Maybe it's an age thing? I grew up with Diablo and Countach on the wall.

Looked sweet though, I'd love to bring a car back from the edge to show room. One day I'll get that dry state mustang.

Followed one along the sea front in Llandudno about 20 years ago, it had the widest rear tyres I've ever seen, goodness knows what they must have cost. Beautiful cars but that interior......... :yuck:

Pete

Don't you just love that noise... :yahoo:

Christ on a bike, that noise is pantwettingly epic. I want one now!

It's crazy how tall it looks compared to the other runners, the one I saw was ridiculously low.

Ye's you need BIG 8ALL5 and BIG BRAKES at Spa in one of those.

A few 2 liter Group 6 cars snapping at it heels until the straight's, where it pulls away on sheer grunt.. :thumbs: