Got my Z today.

Mike k-g

Whent to view my Z today...what a stunner when i saw it. gunmetal grey. will post up pics soon as i can..

just trying to familarized myself with the forum where i post topics.. However the boot struts are not vr strong

what can i do to fix this? dont want the boot to drop on wifey. if required new struts where can i purchase from?

Thanks Mike

Removing the counter weight is a no-cost option, you might wish to try first ;)

see pic/advice here:

http://www.350z-uk.c...ight-too-heavy/

If you have a larger than standard spoiler on the bootlid that will cause the problem and the weight removal is really a must, but we have seen enough posts to know the struts get tired and either replacement or re-gas should do the trick.

Removing the counter weight is a no-cost option, you might wish to try first ;)

see pic/advice here:

http://www.350z-uk.c...ight-too-heavy/

If you have a larger than standard spoiler on the bootlid that will cause the problem and the weight removal is really a must, but we have seen enough posts to know the struts get tired and either replacement or re-gas should do the trick.

My boot struts dont hold the boot up and I do have a heavy spoiler on it... never realized you could remove the weights.... That link and every link I have googled for some reason says I do not have permission to view the page.... is it in a secret forum or something!?