Movies you've just seen ~ recommended ~ hated.

GMballistic

Basically what the title says.

Just watched "Lone Survivor" with Mark Wahlburg.

I highly recommend this film and I really enjoyed it. It's about four US Navy seals on a covert mission in Afghanistan. As you can imagine things don't go well and this film tells the true story of what happened. Excellent action film and very moving towards the end especially when you see the real men involved during the end credits.

One to watch. :thumbs:

*Please add anything you recommend or films to steer clear of*

Just watched Elysium. Meh. My sister enjoyed it but I will bought it was mediocre.

I completely agree with you on that .. I was expecting a lot more from it..

I watched the Wolf of Wall Street a couple of weeks ago and thought it was brilliant!

American Hustle is good is too...

Just watched Elysium. Meh. My sister enjoyed it but I will bought it was mediocre.

I completely agree with you on that .. I was expecting a lot more from it..

I watched the Wolf of Wall Street a couple of weeks ago and thought it was brilliant!

American Hustle is good is too...

Going to be watching "The Wolf of Wall Street" tomorrow night probably. Can't wait as it does look good although I hear it drags on a bit as it's 3 hours long ~ still a friend told me it's funny & has some fit women in it so should be worth the numb bum. :lol:;)

@marzman ~ "Captain Phillips" now on my to watch list thanks. :)

I highly recommend this film and I really enjoyed it. It's about four US Navy seals on a covert mission in Afghanistan. As you can imagine things don't go well and this film tells the true story of what happened. Excellent action film and very moving towards the end especially when you see the real men involved during the end credits.

Oh my god, watched that the other day, (twice now) New fav film!!!

Wolf on wall street i though was rubbish but everyone else i have spoken to loved it. Good film i saw at the tail end of last year was filth!

Is the film called filth or is that the category it's in? ;)

Edited by ZEUS
  • Like 1

Saw 12 years a slave, AMAZING!

+1 very good film! Story line is what you expect from a film based on slavery but the acting is 1st class.

Gravity - All I can say is Meh... Much about nothing. Visually good that's all I can say really.

Oh my god, watched that the other day, (twice now) New fav film!!!

Definitely one of my favourite films too. ;)

I saw Elysium and it was awful!

American hustle is slow going at first but a clever and cool film I thought, though mr Mrs hated it.

Lone survivor was awesome and you will enjoy it if you like action / war films :thumbs:

I am off to watch wolf of Wall Street tomorrow as everyone keeps raving about it.

Edited by R35LEE

I watched the campain last Saturday. Very funny especially the young chubby kid wen he said he shaved the dog and put some of the hair on his nut sack!!

I gave up going to the pictures some time ago as I just go to sleep. The last film I went to watch and stayed awake all the way through was fantastic 4 ...... Jessica Alba in a skin tight suit ....... 'nuff said!

Can't wait for Anchorman 2 to hit the small screen :-)

• Like 1

I saw Amercan Hustle earlier this week. I found it really boring. Like an episode of the BBC show 'Hustle' (which i liked) but set in 1978 and stretched (uneccessarily) over 2 hours.

I saw Amercan Hustle earlier this week. I found it really boring. Like an episode of the BBC show 'Hustle' (which i liked) but set in 1978 and stretched (uneccessarily) over 2 hours.

Funny you should say that ~ was just talking to HAMLNJ and he said pretty much the same thing.

One to miss by the sounds of it. ;)

I think what made it worse is the fact that I didn't appear to be enjoying it as others in there. They were even laughing at bits I didn't even find funny. I think I may of walked out if I wasn't being given a lift home :lol:

I think what this thread has quickly highlighted is everyone has different tastes.