Invidia vs Milltek

Bems

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you fit

• Milltek
    • Invidia

As above guys looking for pros & cons for both systems to help me decide. My head says Milltek as everyday I think it will be easier to live with due to near OEM noise when cruising around town but I'm not a huge fan of the look of the tips on the rear box. Heart says Invidia being a TD and the noise when foot is down is lovely (admitidely from youtube clips) but not sure if it would be too loud for me on tickover or cruising. The Invidia is working out cheaper than the Milltek from everyone I have contacted for quotes. I already have some berks HFC's and takeda intake. What would the majority fit to their cars. Im not intersted in other options, these are my two choices.

Difficult because you have the hfc's

Without I would say invidia, I have heard one off the forum and it sounded very nice, not too much

Never read a bad review of the invidia and I like the slash end pipes

The milltek I have read can be a bit too oem without hfc's but maybe sounds good with them, never heard one

I know this doesn't help, I'm in the same boat but trying to hang until I hear what I really want as its a lot of cash to waste

I find the oem system that quiet that I've had to alter my driving, I would normally change gear by sound but find I have to use the rev counter now

Edited by GIXXERUK

There are plenty Zeds in and around Aberdeen but i'm not sure if theres anyone with either. I know theres one with a nismo system and one with a cobra but thats all i know.

Any Aberdeen peeps help me out?

I've obviously got used to the HFC's as I think they only change the note if the foots planted so not sure if they'd change any aftremarket exhaust note dramaticaly if you were just cruising.

I've been waiting to hear one of the Invidias in the flesh but I'm getting tired of waiting! :lol:

There are plenty Zeds in and around Aberdeen but i'm not sure if theres anyone with either. I know theres one with a nismo system and one with a cobra but thats all i know.

Any Aberdeen peeps help me out?

I've obviously got used to the HFC's as I think they only change the note if the foots planted so not sure if they'd change any aftremarket exhaust note dramaticaly if you were just cruising.

I've been waiting to hear one of the Invidias in the flesh but I'm getting tired of waiting! :lol:

but if you wanted the militek louder you could decat, not ideal but an option. True duels are cool though.

Decats not an option. Could'nt be done with the hasle at MOT time. Once it's on the car it's on. Although I've heard neither in the flesh I have had Millteks on other cars so know how suttle they can be until you put the foot down.

I have HFC and Invidia and it is almost as quiet as OEM when stationary once the car is warm. It is not loud at all.

Yes you could hear something different and slightly louder when cruising but it is not loud at all if you keep it under 2k rpm. Otherwise I would change it as I hate those 'look at me, I am loud with cheap exhaust' sound.

Ive a none res milltek on my 370z. I am offshore until the 15th but i'll happily take you out for a blast

Its not loud at all. I am so please I went with the none res version because the res version must be as bad as oem

Edited by Richie-B

Makes me chuckle when people say the Milltek is too quiet or too stock, for an everyday drive it is perfect, with HFCs it is orgasmic....

The Zed is a lovely car with a nice engine note, putting a loud exhaust on totally spoils that for me, Milltek is just right, quiet when your cruising and loud enough when you want it to be :p

Sent from the golf club...

• Like 1

do you have the none res?

I think that my none res is just right but never having heard the resonator version I can only think its too quiet

unless there isn't much difference in volume between the 2

Edited by Richie-B

I was looking at the same two exhausts, in the end I went with Invidia but I don't have HFC. I don't think the Invidia is too loud and sitting at cruise speed it is the same as OEM, you only hear it when you put the foot down. At the time if I had picked the Miltek I would have wanted HFC to make the noise I wanted but I feel I didn't need it with the Invidia.

Hope this helps, but it is all personal preference so you're doing the right thing hearing them in person.

• Like 1

Bems I have the Berks HFC's and Invidia Gemini system on my 350Z and imo it sounds great (can't comment on the Milltek as never had one).

There is no drone that I can tell, when driven below 3K rpm it just sounds a tad louder than the standard system and on idle sounds fairly quite. When you put your foot down (above 3/3.5K rpm) though it does sound louder than a standard exhaust but nothing stupidly loud imo. Sounds incredible I think with the gorgeous V6 engine note.

Highly recommend the Invidia and the quality of the system (welds/brackets/fitting kit etc) is first rate. :thumbs:

(Try a PM to Tarmac for prices if your interested ;) )

Hey Bems I've had both with headers, decat/ART pipe and I would get the invidia which I currently have on the car.

They are both not very loud and quiet on cruise but come alive from 3.5k upwards to redline but will still pass most noise tests.

However the dual pipe and x pipe cross over is superior with better scavenging and the build quality is even better. The flange a machine cast aluminium and mate perfectly. The only exhaust I've seen that is better is the Motordyne which has v band flanges/clamps all round but the SS and week quality is the same.

Mark @ abbey also found a few ponies more from the invidia compared to the Motordyne but not anything that you will notice. I will get a Motordyne eventually if I can find a way to keep it under 97db static😜

See for yourself:

7C4691FC-574A-4D2B-BFBE-7FDB2070C126-5806-00000675435E40CD_zpsf10490ed.jpg

EFAC474F-8B01-4D9E-81FC-F2F6407D7AA5-5806-000006754C73F0E1_zpsc6d0de0b.jpg

• Like 3

Cheers guys. If anything i think I'm leaning slightly towards the Invidia. It's cheaper although not by much, looks better IMO & it sounds like theres next to nowt in it at tick over with the Invidia being slightly louder.