My first attempt at detailing my Zed

chirag1988

Looks very nice mate :)

Glad you put those pictures up as I was just looking for a black bulge bonnet pic :thumbs:

Check out my build thread. Black bonnet bulge pictures everywhere! :lol:

Oh bloody ell! I forgot about yours BBK , I was trying to think earlier who has one and went completely blank. I wanted to look at it on a black car before I order one from Nissan . Thanks mate :)

Good results for round 1. Have you stopped stroking the smooth paint yet? :lol:

Actually laughed out loud, after I did my first ever clay last year I couldn't stop stroking the glassy finish, especially the rear arch bit.

OP car looks B), well it will when the stub goes on! Nice job.

Glad you put those pictures up as I was just looking for a black bulge bonnet pic :thumbs:

+1 Just some tyre gel to finish the detailing

Zeus just in case you needed another reason to buy a bulge ;)

photo6_zpsd5518936.jpg

• Like 1

Where abouts did you get your starter kit? Thinking about trying their products.

got the kit from here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Meguiars-Brilliant-Solutions-Winter-Paint-Care-Kit-/151163283238?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item233208a726

Look's great ~ you should be pleased with that. :thumbs:

On another note: Does your number plate spell out "Blobby" almost or is that just me? :dry::lol:

It does say Blobby unfortunately :fool: I'm waiting to put my private plate on "CH54RAG" but I can think of better things to spend £80 on than transfer of a number plate. I guess for now my car shall be known as Mr Blobby :lol:

+1 Just some tyre gel to finish the detailing

Zeus just in case you needed another reason to buy a bulge ;)

photo6_zpsd5518936.jpg

SNAP! I just got my eyelids colour coded by RT Performance today and will be fitting them on over the next couple of days when it's not raining. I love the mean look they give the car.

• Like 1

Didn't fancy using a rattle can on the eye lids?

I'm not too confident with spray painting yet and as this is going to be on display all the time I thought I'd better get it done properly. I'll get some stuff to practice on as I need to re-spray the drivers side switch plate on the door which I'll attempt to do myself - either that or wrap it!

Did you do your eyelids yourself then?

Didn't fancy using a rattle can on the eye lids?

I'm not too confident with spray painting yet and as this is going to be on display all the time I thought I'd better get it done properly. I'll get some stuff to practice on as I need to re-spray the drivers side switch plate on the door which I'll attempt to do myself - either that or wrap it!

Did you do your eyelids yourself then?

Done a few items on the car, small items that is! A can of primer, nissan kuro black spray and then a lacquer on top to finish. If the eyelids end up looking like the front of my bumper ( bumper rash ) then I'm not to worried about the finish :lol: