Not a nice way to start Christmas.

WhackyWill

This is very sad but totally avoidable.

It happened 5 mins from my house last night.,

Same thing happened a few hundred yards from there about 2 years ago

another 3 kids killed doing the same thing, will they ever learn...!!!

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/death-race-crash-three-young-men-killed-in-fireball-and-two-injured-as-highspeed-cars-hit-lorry-on-north-circular-9021643.html

The Scooby is obliterated! Love it how the eyewitness knew it had NOS?! :dry:

They'd have heard the BOV going off and put 2 & 2 together to come up with 36.

I just hope the lorry driver is okay. Feel sorry for the kids' friends and families, but ultimately they got what they deserved. Racing on the north circular FFS.

I just hope the lorry driver is okay. Feel sorry for the kids' friends and families, but ultimately they got what they deserved. Racing on the north circular FFS.

I live minutes from the North Circular, and if I cannot see them racing I hear them almost every night

if they are not hammering up and down the Circular they are learning to drift in the Friern Barnet Retail Park car park.. :surrender: :surrender:

This is shocking but it happens, especially around Xmas. I'm actually avoiding taking my Z out on the roads because of other reckless drivers who might cause an accident. If my car's gonna get hit by some drunken idiot I'd rather it be my Polo...but like Ekona said, it's a shame for the deceased families but they should know better...and it also gives the rest of us with performance cars a bad name too

• Like 1

this reminds me of something i watched a while back.. one of my friends thought it was important to watch... it makes you think twice about bombing it past that lorry thats for sure

this video is not graphic... they are test dummy style slow motion recordings

Why did they? The where silly yes but unlucky also. What about the passengers in the car they had no say or control in this? No one deserves to die for racing.

Why did they? The where silly yes but unlucky also. What about the passengers in the car they had no say or control in this? No one deserves to die for racing.

Definitely agree with this statement.

Silly imo to say these people got what they deserved as they where only racing there car's (stupid yes & dangerous yes) ~ but not raping & murdering others or something. :dry:

Silly imo to say these people got what they deserved as they where only racing there car's (stupid yes & dangerous yes) ~ but not raping & murdering others or something. :dry:

Sure they didn't murder anyone but the driver has unlawfully killed his 2 passengers and these idiots are very likely to kill other people going about their business. I have Zero sympathy with them, they knew the risks, they paid the ultimate penalty.

Pete

Edited by JetSet

Sure they didn't murder anyone but the driver has unlawfully killed his 2 passengers and these idiots are very likely to kill other people going about their business. I have Zero sympathy with them, they knew the risks, they paid the ultimate penalty.

Pete

Yes but it wasn't the passengers fault so why did they deserve to die though?

IMHO, YMMV etc.

Why do you post short acronyms in a serious thread? What's the point. Your pretty good with words.

I do it rarely, for effect rather than often, because I'm lazy :p

Personally I think that piloting a 1.5 ton lump of metal in poor conditions at silly speeds on public roads and putting innocent lives at danger isn't too much different to running around a playground throwing knives in random directions at 3pm. In this case they only took their own lives, which is a small price to pay for the risk they were taking.

If they'd been racing on a deserted piece of well-sighted road in the dry then perhaps my view may differ, but that wasn't the case. If the passengers didn't know what was about to happen when they got in the car then they're as stupid as the driver.

Pete

Not starting an argument with you Pete but I'm sure you wouldn't be saying that if it was your own Son or Daughter that had died in this manner.

I know I made some silly mistakes when I was younger and driving ~ sometimes people just don't think what can happen (especially when there young) when they push the limits of the cars there driving & there abilities.

Spoke to one of my neighbours who witnessed it and the reason they could not put out the

fire was the NOS was feeding it, they emptied every fire extinguisher the could find and it made

little difference..RIP kids..

It's very sad indeed. I would not say they deserved what was coming, no one deserves that, but it does happen.

We are all adults here (I think), we are all entitled to our own personal opinion without being slated for it. The same as we are all adults ('including those kids') and therefore should know that actions have consequences (including the passengers).

I'll reiterate this is sad news but would have been even worse if an innocent child was killed at the side of the road as a result.

Just seen this. I don't know the area at all but just looking at the road in the picture, god knows why you'd be hurtling up it. Also reading 'a number of cars', ridiculous. There was a crash not long ago near here with younger people in it flying down a blind hill and round a bend, horrific. Old enough to know, but possibly 'ignorant' to understand what could happen. Again though, such a shame and you cant imagine the families horror at it all. I see a lot of younger people racing on a carriageway near Strathclyde park a lot and having been in the passenger side of a 100+mph crash when I was 18 you just sit and think... if only you knew how bad it could get in that split second something goes wrong.

• Like 1