New Owner Soon! Need some help

Hi All,

As per my house move it now means my mrs doesn't have to travel the distances anymore and I can finally get at least one of our diesels sold!

Previously owned many quick cars (gone through 19 of them now!) including MR2 Turbo, Impreza, Integra Type R, BMW 330ci ...

Now I'm looking for a Nissan 350z and have read up and know what I want -

Silver, Grey, Black, must be GT spec, pre 56 reg for cheap tax, tan interior, rays alloys.

I've noticed the clutches go between every 40-60k

Engines goose when used hard on 95RON (difficult to tell when buying a second hand car)

Gearbox syncros sometimes fail

Now mileage wise I'm looking at anything between 40k - 80k

My questions to you guys is should I be considering 80k+ cars or just discard them from the pile.

I test drove one the other week which had 20k miles to get a base line.

Thanks in Advance

Chris

'potentially nothing wrong with a higher mileage car if its been looked after and has receipts to prove work or parts. At that mileage its more than likely had a clutch, compression arm bushes etc done.

You could get a 30 to 40k car that's been abused then tarted up for sale which then needs all the usual jobs done in a few months. So many cars are clocked within the first three years I always take mileage with a pinch of salt. You are in the right place for information anyway :)

Hello and :welcome: to the forum. Clark Motorsport said it all really.

It's not a sure thing that the clutch will need changing somewhere between 40-60k. Just be aware that (as im sure youll discover), the biting point is pretty high, so dont use this as an idication of the state of the clutch.

Don't let high miles concern you too much, my 04 has done 97k now and I have issues.

Good luck with your search :thumbs:

Basically what they said^^

I wouldn't be put off by a higher mileage car. I would much rather a 90k car that's been looked after than a 40k car that hasn't.

I am sure you are aware if you have been reading through the forums but I am going to say it anyway... The zed should not be run on standard 95 ron unleaded.

Good luck with the hunt!

Don't let high miles concern you too much, my 04 has done 97k now and I have issues.

Do tell mate, we are a considerate bunch of good listeners ;)

:lol: EPIC TYPO!! :doh::blush: I meant to say "I have no issues". Well, not with the car anyway....