New Guy in The Mids

Hello from a new Zed owner based in the Midlands

Had the car for just under a month now and finally just getting around to posting on here but, fear not, I haven't been so relaxed when it came to getting things done to the car!

Removed a centre mounted DVD/Sat-nav and refitted the slow-lift cubby

Painted some scratched interior plastics

Removed a non-functional radar detector (today, so much trim removal!)

Replaced badges for black ones. The 'Z' was snapped when I bought it :dry:

Plasti-dipped front lip and removed side reflectors. This included removing the bumper, of which someone helpfully fiberglassed over a couple of screws/bolts turning it into a 2 hour removal process...

Plasti-dipped B pillar plastics & mirror-to-window plastics

Temporary repair of torn side bolster with contrasting blue thread on the tan seats

New boot struts, following a headache...

'Repaired' sub woofer cutting out

P3 Serviced by CS (thank-you Mitz!)

And Just bought some new Black Diamond pads and discs all round - CS, of course!

Just one immediate issue, a flashing air bag/SRS light. It has been reset multiple times, once by CS. Any suggestions? It came back on once performing an emergency (safe) turn. This tells me there is a loose connection somewhere, it's just finding it.

So yeah, look forward to getting into the forum, talking to fellow Zedders, getting and (soon) giving assistance.

Mike

:welcome: along are you the guy I saw near the Millfields pub in West Bromwich a couple of weeks ago I flashed :thumbs: I was in the Blade Silver

Nope, haven't been to West Brom recently. I'm always on the lookout for Z's to acknowledge but they seem fairly rare around my parts. See more mk1 mx5's (my previous 2 cars) than Zeds.

I'll take a look under the seat tomorrow. Is there any obvious signs of issues/ damage? Or do they need replacing?

Thanks folks!

:welcome: along are you the guy I saw near the Millfields pub in West Bromwich a couple of weeks ago I flashed :thumbs: I was in the Blade Silver

Nope, haven't been to West Brom recently. I'm always on the lookout for Z's to acknowledge but they seem fairly rare around my parts. See more mk1 mx5's (my previous 2 cars) than Zeds.

I'll take a look under the seat tomorrow. Is there any obvious signs of issues/ damage? Or do they need replacing?

Thanks folks!

If you've moved the seats it could have upset them possibly or if something has gone under the seat. Either way I would just try checking that all the plugs are properly connected. If all looks good then you could try this reset procedure; http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/3047-guide-resetting-airbag-warning-light/

If the light comes back on again though then it will mean more of an investigation. ;)

Welcome to the forum Mike! How did the plasti dip turn out? Wouldn't mind seeing some pictures :)

Sure. I've used plasti dip multiple times before and have been really impressed with it. I plan to do my alloys as well at some point to mask the corrosion until spring time.

Photo08-12-2013110917.jpg

Painted the grille too. A little dirty at the moment.

Photo08-12-2013110849.jpg

Looks so much fresher. It was tired and grey looking before

Photo08-12-2013110904.jpg

The side plastics were all scratched up (somehow?)

Photo08-12-2013111011.jpg

And a close up.

Didn't get chance to look at the airbag under-seat connectors so the flash continues...

I'm unable to get to Dudley for the weekend meet - apparently, i'm quickly running out of time to spend money on people. I'll be sure to look out for meets in the new year!