my zeds gone bang :(

zed 1990

Sorry to hear, hope you get it sorted for a reasonable price!

Note to self: check oil when I get home...

I check it quite regularly anyway but the dipstick isn't the easiest to read on the Zed!

Edited by SamN

Yep, recommend zmanalex; he sorted me out when my HR went pop. And Abbey for the fitting. Cost me £4k all in to get engine changed over. Block from Alex which had done 20k miles, all ancillaries off the old one stripped off old engine, fitted to new block and fitted by Abbey. Cause of blow up; low oil.... now check weekly!

Alright mate, sorry to hear about your engine...You spoke to Arron the other week at a meet... I have an engine for sale at the moment came out of mine as I swapped the engine for something else. Its a freah strong engine done 25k ready to go asap if your interseted?

I check it quite regularly anyway but the dipstick isn't the easiest to read on the Zed!

Whats the best way to check it? every time i pull it out it gets shaken about and the reading is messed up so annoying man!

Whats the best way to check it? every time i pull it out it gets shaken about and the reading is messed up so annoying man!

That's what I mean. I just have to do it a couple of times to get a slightly more accurate reading. There's still always oil all up the dipstick though!

Check it in the morning before you start the car on level ground. :thumbs: