my zeds gone bang :(

zed 1990

What's wrong with it?

Which garage did you take it to and where are you.

To keep everyone happy what fuel did you use?

Worst case is you need a new engine zman can hook you up for a little over a grand. Best case is that the garage have no clue and it's something fairly easy.

hole in the bottom of the engine oil everywhere possible big end. its at a local garge atm i dont know if they are quoting a new engine or reconed one . always run on premium. only had the car a month :(

Sorry to hear that, sounds pretty bad for only 61k! Was it a private sale or from a dealer as I'd be having words... I know it's pointless trying to diagnose what caused the issue, but did it have enough oil in?

Gutted for you mate, It's not very often I read that a Z engine has gone bang unless it's been modified and squeezed too hard. Good luck, one for one-ing an engine should only take a day and I'm sure you can get some free help from guys on here, I'm in Nottingham if your within 30 miles I'll lend a hand if needed. :thumbs:

Cheers Dan

• Like 1

Thank you for the referrals guys. :thumbs:

Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

These type of failures are usually due to lack of oil.

Preowned VQ35DE engines for your application are in stock.

Just drop me a PM if I can help you furher.

Alex. :)

Fella a good mate of mine has his engine he took out of his Z to put something else In there. Its done about 27k iirc

I can put you in contact with him if you like

Sounds useful and I guess quite local as you were both listed on The Parrot Christmas (SE) lunch meet :thumbs: