Rev matching

HAMLNJ

Rev matching...double clutching what ever you want to call it. I always love down shifting and matching the revs just right so it's seamless. Easiest one being 4th to 3rd i think. I see lots of track videos with the zeds and many don't bother. I find it easier on the clutch. What are people's thoughts?

Sorry if there is a thread on this. I dint search I promise

When you do it right you really keep the speed up. I have a friend with an s2000 he can't get the hang of it. When I showed him in mine he was rather surprised.

Going from low speeds then to high speeds all by blipping the throttle really works.

I do it every single time, in every vehicle I drive (except the 911, for obvious reasons!).

If you're making progress then it's faster and less likely to upset the balance, and if you're just tootling then it's easier on the drivetrain. Takes a bit to learn, longer to master, but it's one of the simplest techniques for improving every bit of your driving.

• Like 1

I get it perfect every time :teeth:

Yep me too now :teeth: .

Seriously though you do it to keep the car stable and the weight as balanced as possible before entering a bend.

I first found the benefits of it in the S2000 sty Rockingham, takes a bit of getting used to and there's a number of ways to heel n toe, I used to sort of roll my foot to the right in my S2000.

After a while you just sort of do it without thinking. I do do it in the Mrs Fiesta too :lol: .

Have the syncro rev match in the 370Z is cool, people say it takes a lot of the driving away but it's hard to ignore perfect downshifts every time.

I do it every single time, in every vehicle I drive (except the 911, for obvious reasons!).

If you're making progress then it's faster and less likely to upset the balance, and if you're just tootling then it's easier on the drivetrain. Takes a bit to learn, longer to master, but it's one of the simplest techniques for improving every bit of your driving.

100% agree, the difference it makes in terms of balance is so noticeable I wonder how I ever managed without it. The same is true in terms of 'wear and tear' on the drivetrain etc.

You will never go fast on a track day unless you learn how to heel and toe,

so easy to do with a little practice. :thumbs:

Not sure if this is 100% accurate ....didn't do it at Combe and wasn't over taken once apart from the first 2-3 warm up laps.

Might give it a go next year and time my laps!

Not sure if this is 100% accurate ....didn't do it at Combe and wasn't over taken once apart from the first 2-3 warm up laps.

Depends in which class you were running in and against what cars, it is quicker and so much smoother and

sympathetic on the car. :thumbs:

• Like 1

You'll be quicker as you'll have more time to concentrate getting on the power again while cornering if the car is more settled.

Once you get it right once and the car stays flat you'll definitely notice the difference and see the benefits of a settled car on track.

It's hard to explain really.

I'd love to learn tbh. I'm just too clumsy and have poor coordination so end up stepping on one to hard and not enough on the other. Also find it awkward but I suppose if I get the hang of it then it wouldnt be a problem.

Yeah man, totally, I can't get on with left foot breaking, I get the pressures all wrong and end up almost going through the windscreen, lol.

LFB is a different thing mind and something I'm yet to experiment with while on track.

Left foot braking is infinitely easier to learn if you have harnesses.

How do you drive a Go Kart....LEFT FOOT BRAKING, and I'll bet you don't have a problem

with that..people seem to have so much of a problem transferring left foot braking from a kart to a car

pedals are the same (except for a non gearbox kart). .. :thumbs: :thumbs: .