who is better' h-dev or Abbey motorsport

RafsZed

Okay NP, so the gain in figures was just the difference in dyno figures.

I was 100% happy when the car ran 465 bhp it was spot on but readinf Peter's post it read that has had gained Power/Torque , but in fact it was just due to the way the Dyno Dynamics dyno adjusts the figures with compensations.

I cant read the graph. Small print etc.

Thanks again Jezz and see you in a few weeks for the other thing.

Obviously I am not going to drive it but at least by getting it to you I got the definative answer

I was looking for:)

At least the engine is not damaged.

B)

Edited by 4RE Leather

• 2 months later...

Well Jezz has done me proud.

The car has never run so crisp and smooth.

No more detonation and over reving

Jezz advised putting a new map on which has cured the problem.

He took some of the boost from the lower end and put it on the top,

No more kangeroo petrol and had Jezz not descovered it was detonating I may have had an engine to pay for.

I think he cut the power back a bit as well but it pulls a lot better and it is a joy to drive (At last)

But he has got a bit more torque!!!.

What a difference is all I can say.

I can't thank Jezz enough for what he has done and for looking after the car over Christmas/New year for me as I was to lazy to go and get it lol,

Had I know it would perform like it does now I would have walked to Newbury!

I can highly recommend Jezz and I know that there are a few of you waiting to see the outcome of this.

So go and get Jezz to remap as he knows his way round a Nissan for sure.

At the end of the day its personal choice and you must do what you think is best.

But I am glad I went the HDEV. ;)

scan0002_zps94c2cfc9.jpg

scan0001_zps77d6d262.jpg

Edited by 4RE Leather
  • Like 1

Feck man I used to go to Abbey and Horsham from Birmingham, but Abbey doesn't work on my car anymore since bad times.

Like you say Pete personal preference. It matters when service, price and genuine people work on your car. I would have spent a whole heap more at Abbey but moved on, it just didn't work for me.

The only downside to Horsham is that horrible single track road with potholes, but the twisties building up to Horsham are wicked!!

• Like 1

Feck man I used to go to Abbey and Horsham from Birmingham, but Abbey doesn't work on my car anymore since bad times.

Like you say Pete personal preference. It matters when service, price and genuine people work on your car. I would have spent a whole heap more at Abbey but moved on, it just didn't work for me.

The only downside to Horsham is that horrible single track road with potholes, but the twisties building up to Horsham are wicked!!

And every time I go I miss the turn.

Edited by 4RE Leather

What about tdi north ? Good bad ? Thinking of going there for a service, then exhaust, induction, remap

I know nothing about them so I cant comment.

South for tuning its Jezz without a doubt.

Kent area for sheer knowledge on anything else its Brooklands kent.

And for donuts and a laugh its The Zed Shed.

I only went to Abbey because a friend said he knew someone that worked there.

Plus they were nearer than AMD Essex.

There are good and bad stories about every trader.

Jezz spent a couple of hrs looking over the car trying to see what the problem was and never charged me a penny.

If someone treats me good I look after them and recommend them.

If I think someone has treated me bad, I make sure i let them know and move on.

My car has never ever ran this good so I am extreamly happy with Jezz and thanks to Keyser and the many others who

recommended him to me.

Edited by 4RE Leather

Strange thing is none of the guys that know their stuff in terms of cars, engines, forced induction etc have ever complained about their tuning experience with Mark @ Abbey.

I know I'm going to upset a few people here, but it's mostly people who had "wippers replaced" or "windscreen fluid top up" sort of jobs that complain openly/ publicly about Mark's services. Seriously, look at the "Official FI list" thread, most of the cars in there are tuned by Mark.

I understand and respect that people have preferences, but saying Mark doesn't know his tunning and went to somebody else and problems are now sorted it's not fair.

As previously said, I don't know Jez@HDEV or Dan@AME, I'd like to meet them both one day, but in terms of tuning, I'll stand by Mark and always go there everytime I need to.

I'm sure most of the FI guys will think the same.

• Like 1

Your not upsetting anyone certainly not me.

Who is being unfair!!!

Who has said Mark does not know his tuning?

I have read through this and I can't find it.

You do love contraversy Adrian.

Another great thread ended.

No more from me :)

Edited by 4RE Leather

What about tdi north ? Good bad ? Thinking of going there for a service, then exhaust, induction, remap

Appreciate the reply, I know tdi are affiliated with abbey (tuning only I believe), I was just after a recommendation for somewhere oop north'ish as I'm in north wales . I usually do all my own servicing/repairs but with the car being under warranty I thought it prudent to get the stamp

Cheers

Paul

Edited by GIXXERUK
  • Like 1

Who is being unfair!!!

Pete, I don't see why it should be the end of the thread, Adrian made a point and you countered it as you disagreed. There is one thing, however, that does puzzle me and it's to do with the torque results from you car at HDEV. Now be patient with me you FI experts as I am no expert but Peter says Jez has got him some more torque but the torque figure has reduced from around 410 lb/ft to soemthing around 380 or so lb/ft now. To a simple soul as me that is a decrease not an increase, I'm confused , can someone explain please? :)

Appreciate the reply, I know tdi are affiliated with abbey (tuning only I believe), I was just after a recommendation for somewhere oop north'ish as I'm in north wales . I usually do all my own servicing/repairs but with the car being under warranty I thought it prudent to get the stamp

Cheers

Paul

rs tuning in Leeds done a great job of mines if you're wanting someone more northernly

Cheers

Paul

rs tuning in Leeds done a great job of mines if you're wanting someone more northernly

Thanks Neil, Leeds is a 230 mile round trip for me but not out of the question, rs are well known in the clio community and have a good rep

Edited by GIXXERUK

There is one thing, however, that does puzzle me and it's to do with the torque results from you car at HDEV. Now be patient with me you FI experts as I am no expert but Peter says Jez has got him some more torque but the torque figure has reduced from around 410 lb/ft to soemthing around 380 or so lb/ft now. To a simple soul as me that is a decrease not an increase, I'm confused , can someone explain please? :)

Na, your right Graham. It appears that the original tune (from Abbey) compared to the new Hdev tune actually had more peak torque and more torque throughout the curve, especially low to mid range. It actually has the same power as well. Although the newer dyno plot shows more peak power, that's just because the revs are held a little higher. If you held the revs to the same point on the first dyno plot and continued the line it would reach the same level.

I am in no way saying that the Hdev tune is inferior. If Pete was concerned about detonation and engine longevity then the sensible thing to do is to reduce the low to mid range torque as that's where these engines get damaged. So Jez has done the right thing for Pete with that in mind.

I should also add that I use Mark at Abbey for all my tuning work and am very happy with the results and service I've received there. Mark has also been very helpful to me on the phone/email on quite a few occasions when I've needed advice.

I have not had many dealings with Jez at Hdev, I have purchased a few bits from him and was very happy with the service. I have only heard good things about them.

At the end of the day, they both give a top class service so its up to you to decide who you want to use. I will be going back to Abbey in the not too distant future for another tune once I've fitted a few more bits.

Cheers

Paul

+1

Who is being unfair!!!

Pete, I don't see why it should be the end of the thread, Adrian made a point and you countered it as you disagreed. There is one thing, however, that does puzzle me and it's to do with the torque results from you car at HDEV. Now be patient with me you FI experts as I am no expert but Peter says Jez has got him some more torque but the torque figure has reduced from around 410 lb/ft to soemthing around 380 or so lb/ft now. To a simple soul as me that is a decrease not an increase, I'm confused , can someone explain please? :)

No your fine Graham I

I just don't want this made personal where one member starts throwing his powder puff at another

The title says who is the best Abbey or H/Dev which has pitted 2 traders head on against each other.

I could have sworn the Torque was up about 5 ft lol

It confused me as Jezz was not there his collegue was.

I was sure he said it was 400 were before it was 395 but thats my fault I did not check.

Bottom line is Jezz had to reduce the power as car was detonating.

Overall power is down deliberately to save my engine.

But the way it feels after Jezz worked on it is sheer magic.

The car has never ever felt this good.

You can add when you have a go:)

There is one thing, however, that does puzzle me and it's to do with the torque results from you car at HDEV. Now be patient with me you FI experts as I am no expert but Peter says Jez has got him some more torque but the torque figure has reduced from around 410 lb/ft to soemthing around 380 or so lb/ft now. To a simple soul as me that is a decrease not an increase, I'm confused , can someone explain please? :)

Na, your right Graham. It appears that the original tune (from Abbey) compared to the new Hdev tune actually had more peak torque and more torque throughout the curve, especially low to mid range. It actually has the same power as well. Although the newer dyno plot shows more peak power, that's just because the revs are held a little higher. If you held the revs to the same point on the first dyno plot and continued the line it would reach the same level.

I am in no way saying that the Hdev tune is inferior. If Pete was concerned about detonation and engine longevity then the sensible thing to do is to reduce the low to mid range torque as that's where these engines get damaged. So Jez has done the right thing for Pete with that in mind.

Fantastic the way you explained it Sam.

This is exactly what Jezz has done.

Maybe I should have asked you to do my write up.

Thanks Sam

• Like 1