iPad Air - I bought one

ATTAK Z

Seriously now, lol, I bought a iPad 3 when they released 16GB WiFi.

To say I use it a lot would be a lie, to say I'd miss it if I didn't have it, would be true.

They're very handy for situations. A definite luxury item.

You'll find yourself fitting it into scenarios, which isn't a bad thing in my opinion.

Take comfort in the fact that you're buying the best tablet on the market.

If you have a nice laptop, chances are you'll never use the iPad. If you travel a lot then yes they are handy.

I have a nice samsung laptop for work and use my Imac at home ... I think the Ipad will replace the Imac and also be useful at work for checking specs and drawings when I'm on site

I'd only have an Ipad if someone gave me one, just don't see the point in them, Have an iPhone. and if you go, you can watch films on journeys, battery will just die after a couple of hours etc.

On the subject of iStuff. I'm going to get the 5S soon. Anyone else got one and what are your thoughts? I've got the 4S at the moment (giving it to my brother for his Christmas pressie, hence the change)

I'm sticking with the 4s, build quality is better, made from better materials.

I'd only have an Ipad if someone gave me one, just don't see the point in them, Have an iPhone. and if you go, you can watch films on journeys, battery will just die after a couple of hours etc.

On the subject of iStuff. I'm going to get the 5S soon. Anyone else got one and what are your thoughts? I've got the 4S at the moment (giving it to my brother for his Christmas pressie, hence the change)

Heavier doesn't always mean better build quality....

Sent from the golf club...

5 and 5's are made from plastics. 4s was not. Not sure about the screen on the 5's but I know on the 4s they are the same material (ish) that are used on helicopter screens.

My iPad 3 just keeps on trucking. I want an air, cos it's cool n that, but I can't justify it - not even to myself, and I'm usually a pushover on this stuff.

In fact, so good is my iPad it has prevented me from justifying either a MacBook Air or a Retina MBP. I feel like I want them a lot, but I can't figure out what I'd do with them that I can't do either on my iPad, or if necessary, wait until I get back home to my beautiful iMac. If I did get an MBP then I'd feel cramped editing movies or photos after my 27 inches on the desk. Grrrrr.

Hang on, maybe my justification for an iPad Air is to stop me continually browsing the considerably more expensive MBP Retinas and pricey :scare: new MacPro. So I'm actually saving money by getting one, then there's the iPad 3 spare for the Zed :teeth:

***reaches for wallet***

Edited by SuperStu

5 and 5's are made from plastics. 4s was not. Not sure about the screen on the 5's but I know on the 4s they are the same material (ish) that are used on helicopter screens.

there all glass and aluminium. its only the 5c thats plastic

Edited by 350 Russ

Its a Corporate Company on the Decline along with the brand snobbery they initially built up :thumbdown: the man with all the good ideas is unfortunately now departed but long before he went the accountants had taken over his company, told him to stop investing in new ideas, launch a new product same as the old one but packaged & named different, make the products out of cheaper & cheaper materials but continue to sell the products at the high end price of the market. Their products are to restrictive and especially the transfer of music to different devices other than their own. C'mon what was the last completely new idea one of their products had.

Still a big corporate but i switched from the iphone 3GS to Samsung at the S2 & now have the S4 . I have the original Ipad but switched long ago to the Samsung tab simply because Apple have stood still for years & have been overtook by everyone else

:angry: EEEeee sorry rant over. I think if you like it need it & can afford it BUY IT!! Dont listen to any one elses opinion :lol::wacko::lol:

Go on. Be a man.Make a decision and stick with it :lol:

No seriously, if you want something and like it and can afford it buy it.

I don't know if you are married or have a girlfriend but did you ask everyone's view before you asked her out? Exactly! :thumbs:

My iPad 3 just keeps on trucking. I want an air, cos it's cool n that, but I can't justify it - not even to myself, and I'm usually a pushover on this stuff.

In fact, so good is my iPad it has prevented me from justifying either a MacBook Air or a Retina MBP. I feel like I want them a lot, but I can't figure out what I'd do with them that I can't do either on my iPad, or if necessary, wait until I get back home to my beautiful iMac. If I did get an MBP then I'd feel cramped editing movies or photos after my 27 inches on the desk. Grrrrr.

Hang on, maybe my justification for an iPad Air is to stop me continually browsing the considerably more expensive MBP Retinas and pricey :scare: new MacPro. So I'm actually saving money by getting one, then there's the iPad 3 spare for the Zed :teeth:

***reaches for wallet***

That's what I like.....................Bloke Logic :)
  • Like 1