New Toy....Warning: Eye Protection Required

daveparkin

Evening All,

Just thought I'd briefly introduce my new toy after parting with my Zed back in September. Picked this up this afternoon, and as you can see, its in a particularly subdued shade of yellow...

p1010206o_zpsd609c4be.jpg

p1010209b_zps26138c9b.jpg

Completely different to the Zed, but I'm loving it already, and at least its not a Jag that drinks from the dark pump :p . Was looking for something a bit cheaper originally, but you all know how man-maths works. Never modded a car before, but since this one already has the airbox mod, I'm already tempted with a remap...must resist.

Hope you're all good,

Dave

• Like 1

Liquid Yellow is an amazing colour: I'd love a Clio 255 in it. B)

Enjoy :thumbs:

Clio 255? Is that the V6 or you mean 200? Haa

V6, phase 2. I'd love one, with the Recaros.

Mmm, yeah, I'm with you on that one, but with only 18 registered in the UK it might be a bit of a wait B)

Same Recaros in my R26 though ;)

Edited by daveparkin

No one in the world has ever called a v6 a 255. Never.

I love megane's and I always wanted one but the mpg's put me off slightly. A remap and other cheap mods and it will be faster than the Z!

You mean apart from me, just then. ;)

I don't see why they wouldn't, tbh. Surely it's an easier way of differentiating between the two phases, like how we say we own a 350Z 276 or whatever. What is the general term to refer to that car then?

Nice car, congrats!

Now sell it and a get a Midnight Blue 350z with frosted white interior leather! :lol:

I wouldnt normally say this Dave but listen to Adrian and then you can do Wales 2014 :D

All good advice, I'm sure!

Quite a good bit of kit when new but would be interetsed to know how they stand the test of time with higher mileages.

If I'm honest, I do have my concerns about the reliability etc., but for now I'm just enjoying it.

The clio 1*2s seem to cope well with higher mileages, there are a few in the forums with 200k on the original engine and box, some even claim the original clutch at that mileage :wacko: . Not sure the Megane will last as well, but I was only doing 4-5k a year in the Zed, so I should have a good few years in it yet. :teeth:

Edited by daveparkin

You mean apart from me, just then. ;)

I don't see why they wouldn't, tbh. Surely it's an easier way of differentiating between the two phases, like how we say we own a 350Z 276 or whatever. What is the general term to refer to that car then?

Generally you have the 172 and 172 cup. Ph1 and ph2 which are both mk2. Then you have a 182, 182 cup and 182 with cup pack which im sure us referred to as a 182FF full fat. V6 is always called v6 ph1 or ph2. Ph1 172 because they are slightly faster due to weight are sometimes called ph quick.

I still don't get what doogy meant by I need to go specsavers?