Syron???????????

OV53

Alreet!

My mate at work is needing a new set of tyres for his zed on 20s and he has asked me if I've ever heard of Syron as they have a really good rating on tyretrader. They're cheap like and he has Michelin Pilots on the rears so I said to go for the same on the fronts, but he's adamant that he wants to go for these Syrons.

I think cost may be a major factor as these tyres are £111 each, 245/30 R20.

Peace

My 20" BBS Detroit were £8k new :blush: and I have fallen 452s on them by no means banking, but not the stock Pirellis either. Having driven on both the assyimetricos from Pirelli and the 452s the car is far more stable and planted that it ever was on £1200 worth of Pirelli Tyres. Cheer Tyres doesn't automatically mean death in flames upside down in a hedge. If he needs 20" Tyres tell him to look at the kuhmo's ku39s, falken 453, vredestein vorti's, hankook V12's, plenty of decent reviews on those from cars with proper engines and non have died by fire.

He'd be better to change all of his tyres though. @*!# grip all round would at least be consistent the sale of his michelins could fund part of it.

It would make for an interesting review though.

The blurb on the tyre traders website is compelling (I love a good chart).

Found this on an Evo forum and it is subsequently found to be bollox and repeated on other sites. How can you trust them?

"After checking some more recent reviews from people that had actually driven on them & speaking to the distributors (Tyretraders, who offered me a great deal) I decided to give them a try. THEY’RE GREAT! I do about 70 miles a day 50 motorway & 20 country roads. Motorway they are super quiet & as for country roads (as me old mate Julia used to say) she drives like she’s on rails. I do admit that if pushed they feel like they are going to break away but they don’t, even in the wet they are superb.

The 2010 Auto Bild tests gave them a poor rating, however Syron obviously took note & amended the recipe as the 2011 tests are a vast improvement & they now rate along with many other premium brands.

I am disappointed that people that have not tried a product are so quick to dismiss them. It’s a wonder that we are not still living in caves & pulling carts with square wheels.

Never in the history of mankind has so little been known by so many about so much. "

I don't mind putting £39 a corner NangKangs on the Fiesta for driving down to Tesco but when it comes to my 370Z I go for the best I can afford.

I track my 370Z and there's nothing worse than having to cut a session short as it feels like your driving on grease or having to pay out for more tyres after 5000 miles.

If your buying a performance car and intend to use it for performing what it was desgined to do, then you have to consider respectable tyres.

Going for the very cheapest tyres you can buy for a performance car sounds a bit silly to me.

But hey, God speed :) .

• Like 1

The problem with tyre review sites is that someone with a Ford KA may rate a cheaper tyre 9/10 due to it lasting ages and providing plenty of grip for pottering around town in a Ka, get 99 people with small cars buying the same tyre and thinking the same and you get a score of 891/990 or 9/10. One idiot with a performance car buys them due to the rating, realises their shite and rates them 1 out of 10 but the score is still 892/1000 or 9/10.