WARNING about Cash4Phones.co.uk

How is it underhand? They give you all their pricing up front, if you don't like it don't send them your phone.

Dishonesty? Prove it. Not just your mate sent them a phone and they say it was broken and he said it wasn't, but actual proof. If you can't, then go look up libel in the dictionary.

I don't have to prove a thing, I don't have to back up my opinions or experiences. I can argue against a post I feel is unfair and condescending, just because I'm not a member of your high post elite it don't mean I will just roll over and except it.

Yes, because everyone knows that post count is directly related to how correct you are. Internet rule number one, innit.

You're quite right, you don't have to prove anything. That's pretty much how the Jesus fan club survives, and funnily enough I don't care much for them either.

• Like 1

Unlucky BBK, it's one of them things you chalk up to experience and learn from. It's a bit dirty from them, but not unusual for those who prize profit above all and service as a waste of effort. They're totally in the clear, but with stuff like this I like to think karma does work its way around eventually. Don't get bitter, get better :)

• 3 weeks later...

if anybody saw it. this company were just on bbc Watchdog. same thing thst happened to me.

Yeah just been watching this. I've used Envirophone in the past and found them to be good and also Orange Recycle & Reward. ;)

Used envirofone and found them to be a much of cowboys.

Sent phone in perfect condition, report came back that it was water damaged so offered me 10% of the original offer. Refused and got the phone back to find they had put a big scratch down the back which reduced the value I got from O2 who incidentally reported apart from the scratch the phone was mint.

To be honest I think they are all as bad as each other

if anybody saw it. this company were just on bbc Watchdog. same thing thst happened to me.

Yeah just been watching this. I've used Envirophone in the past and found them to be good and also Orange Recycle & Reward. ;)

Used envirofone and found them to be a much of cowboys.

Sent phone in perfect condition, report came back that it was water damaged so offered me 10% of the original offer. Refused and got the phone back to find they had put a big scratch down the back which reduced the value I got from O2 who incidentally reported apart from the scratch the phone was mint.

To be honest I think they are all as bad as each other

What a nightmare. My experience with Envirofone was probably ten years ago now so maybe they just got worse with time. Gutted for you.

Over 1000 justified complaints = a racket. Even Watchdogs own iphone 4 which was in A1 condition they tried to say had water ingress.

All you doubters need to appologise lol.

3 words spring to mind. Face, smacked & kipper lol

Edited by 4RE Leather
  • Like 2

I don't think its disgusting, if your too lazy to sell your phone on eBay or to a friend etc and see ££ signs then suck it up when you get ripped off...

Sent from the Jaaaaaag at the golf club

YAAAARRRRRRRPPPPPPPPPP

great view on ripping people off, well done.

Your welcome, if your stupid you deserve to get ripped off, don't see what your point is :shrug:

Over 1000 justified complaints = a racket. Even Watchdogs own iphone 4 which was in A1 condition they tried to say had water ingress.

All you doubters need to appologise lol.

3 words spring to mind. Face, smacked & kipper lol

Not doubting anything, a bit like webuyanycar, you know that you are going to get yiur pants pulled down...

Agree that this firm are dodgy , never said they were A1 just that if you take the easy option then don't complain :p

Well, I take it back what I said about Watchdog not being interested, clearly they are. I didn't see the programme, so don't know how the data was collected, but I'll stick my hands up and say I was wrong..

Shady practices, but I do still maintain that it's always a risk using these companies for things like that, just like WBAC.

Watchdog are interested in anything popular, it's not an indication of illegality, just that a decent size group of people "feeling" scammed. I still think Nicky could struggle to prove they have done anything illegal.

Anywho, the simple rule is. If a company is too lazy to spell their name without resorting to substituting numbers for words or single letters for words, (see phones4u) they're probably too lazy to provide a decent service ;)

Watchdog are interested in anything popular, it's not an indication of illegality, just that a decent size group of people "feeling" scammed. I still think Nicky could struggle to prove they have done anything illegal.

Anywho, the simple rule is. If a company is too lazy to spell their name without resorting to substituting numbers for words or single letters for words, (see phones4u) they're probably too lazy to provide a decent service ;)

+1 4U

Edited by spursmaddave

Well, I take it back what I said about Watchdog not being interested, clearly they are. I didn't see the programme, so don't know how the data was collected, but I'll stick my hands up and say I was wrong..

Shady practices, but I do still maintain that it's always a risk using these companies for things like that, just like WBAC.

Maybe the god squad are right also....

It don't matter for what reasons people use such companies, wrong is wrong.