I have a confession to make... :(

Commander

I was just driving the Zed to pick the g/f up from the train station when, in the oncoming traffic, I saw a lovely looking red zed from a distance... On first glance I thought it must have had a fair amount of body work done as it didn't look normal, but either way, I was impressed and was briefly looking forward to crawling a bit closer to it... when I got there though, it wasn't a Zed at all, it was actually a bog-standard (new shape at least) Audi TT! I didn't even laugh at myself, so ashamed was I that I couldn't even spot another of the very car I was driving!!

Please don't ban me!

• Like 1

Since this is turning into a bit of a confession session, sometimes when catching a glimpse of a Toyota Celica heading in my direction, the shape of the headlights makes me believe its a Zed for a second or two.

Since this is turning into a bit of a confession session, sometimes when catching a glimpse of a Toyota Celica heading in my direction, the shape of the headlights makes me believe its a Zed for a second or two.

I know what you mean, similar thing happened with me spotting a prius coming my way one day, they are kinda similar

I know what you mean, similar thing happened with me spotting a prius coming my way one day, they are kinda similar

Yes - I do that quite a lot. Last week it was a Multipla - same shape headlights.

Easy mistake, flashed a couple of Celica's :blush: .

Pete

A lot of non petrol heads do mix up the tt and the zed, as they do with the mx5 and the s2000.

These, from 20M away are essentially the exact same car. I love cars and even I struggle unless I get a good look at one!

Il admit to quite liking the new shaped Audi TT's, but id never buy one. The old ones can burn in hell. I would have an R8 though...

Easy mistake, flashed a couple of Celica's :blush: .

Pete

I've probably posted this before, but my dear son loves sitting in the passenger seat and saying, "Oh Dad look - there's a car like yours." as a Celica crawls past in the opposite direction, because he knows the reaction he'll get. Wind-up merchant.