Bikers vs Range Rover

coldel

If I had my family in my car and a group of bikers surrounded me and started to behave in a threatening way I'd do the same. I'm a biker, but I think those guys were being intimidating and were behaving badly, and brake testing a range rover isn't really clever. Also it's very good editing and convenient cutting off of the video. We don't really see the full picture. No one was badly hurt and most people would do the same to protect their family.

From that video those bikers are a bunch of twunts and really don't deserve to be on the road... What did they think was going to happen when you slam the brakes on 5ft from a 2 ton vehicle? And then to go about with their mob mentality intimidating the driver? Damn right I would have driven off, I would have been on the phone to police whilst driving along as well.

Idiots like this wind me up.

edit: Okay, I watched the footage again and maybe he didn't slam the breaks on but still pulled in very close to that range rover and slowed right down.

Edited by mouthwash

Story goes a little like this...

Range Rover clips motorbike.

Range Rover fails to stop as he feels intimidated by gathering of bikers.

Range Rover then decides to drive off to get away.

And that's all before the video starts. They catch up to him after the initial knock. But the driver then decides to drive over them as he is worried for the safety of his wife and child.

I blame the Range Rover driver. He should have stopped and sorted it out in the beginning.

He should have stopped and sorted it out in the beginning.

One man, wife and child ------------------- 50 plus bikers.

You've got bigger balls than me pal. :lol:

Maybe I don't understand as it's just me. Maybe I don't get the whole having someone else to protect bit. But that doesn't excuse common sense.

BTW They're massive :thumbs:

Its difficult to judge without all the info, but if its like dip says, I suppose it comes down to how you handle it. if the range rover did knock one and it had been me, I would have stopped to check the biker was ok, I wouldn't apologies, but I would hand him my insurance details and then move on. if I was intimidated by the numbers I'd do it through the window with the door locked. him driving off made it worse as it looks like it created a mob mentality not deliberately, but you see how easy groups revert to primeval tendencies. then the situation just blew right out of proportion. wasn't there myself, and commenting on the hypothetical here, but powering over a group of bikers was a bad move, as was the bikers trying to block a range rover....what did people think were going to happen?

Too much supposition and furthermore lots of the bikers YouTube channels are removing their videos as they realise that they could be used against them. Whether the RR is in the wrong at some time or not, it does not give the biker the right to intimidate or swarm on the RR and bully them.

There were no charges or arrests so it is clear that we don't know the full story or that at least the police found the actions justified.

Some anecdotal evidence suggests that the tyres were slashed at one of the stops hence meaning they could be armed which could suggest having more weapons. Having seen the behaviour in other vids I'm not surprised the RR decided to run off.

It's clearly different in the States.

Edited by wmr1980

I think it was more 75/25 bikes/rangie fault. They were riding their bikes very badly along a multi laned road, bike meet or not thats bad manners and is clearly going to cause problems for other road users. Maybe the rangie parped them, shouted out the window, or just drove close to them but he seemed to upset one guy who with utter stupidity took it to a next level with the braking maneuver. The rangie seemed to stop for some time, we can't see what happened but suddenly he just took off.

He shouldnt have driven over a bike like he did, but he wouldnt have hit anyone had the plant life not tried brake testing him. As far as I am concerned if someone brake tests you and gets hit like that, its their own minuscule brained fault.

Very convenient how all we see is a biker trying to stop the RR, yet BBK says there's more to it from before the video. I'm sure there is more before, but he didn't just start recoding at that point. For one reason or another the video was clipped to that point, probably to protect the bikers and make the RR look worse, then conveniently it stops before they most likely kick the @*!# out of him.

If you accidentally touch a bike, you should stop, if it was just a little tap and no one is hurt, especially if they were riding like assholes, then hand over your details and drive on. But if they immediately started acting aggressively, lock up and call he cops. If you still feel threatened, drive away and try to avoid them as best as possible. This is pretty much what he did, until he was stop the second time (the first time we see) then what do you do, just sit there and wait to be dragged out of the car and beat to death? No, you drive on, screw the bikes!

I think he should have stayed on the freeway, though, that way he couldn't get trapped like he did in the end, but I'm assuming he panicked and wanted to drive to the police station.

I'd do the same thing, there is no excuse for this behavior from the bikers.

They were driving like ****s prior to the RR incident.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3cd_1380579664

Pulling wheelies, running red lights, driving on the footpath, erratic lane changing, driving into oncoming traffic etc

original.gif

From what I can tell a lot of the bikers had their plates removed, which suggests they planned on driving like ****s and wanted to avoid detection

After rewatching the start,, its a sad crock of event, yes who the f wants to be surrounded by a gang of bikers .. especially if you feel they're about to pull you out your car if this was the reason he tried to run,, but he still could of killed the guy after rewatching he pretty much almost runs 2 or 3 guys over lucky for them they bounce upwards and i guess live! so now he is driving with harmful intent, and like i said before a fellow biker witnessing that many bikers nearly getting crushed are just going to go full rage mode!,, who's to blame,,,

As a biker what are your thoughts on the liveleak videos I posted?

They did eventually get the RR driver out and attacked him leaving him unconscious. One of the bikers is possibly paralysed, what ever transgression that the RR driver may have committed to prompt the chase/brake-check, they have his plates and may have him on camera just report him to the police.

As for who is to blame? The bikers Surrounding and from what I've read, rocking/attacking the car escalated everything. If I had a wife and kid in a car that was being attacked by a large group I'm not sure what else I could do but try to escape.

As a biker what are your thoughts on the liveleak videos I posted?

55 seconds into the video you see an identical bike to mine, gorgeous plasma blue 636,, ;)

i was watching the lane splitting and i believe in some states thats not actually illegal to do?, but yea crossing solid white lines jumping lights riding on paths for short cuts is i suppose what the americans call being a d-bag,

but for the most part i see no aggression, alot of them pull up into the filling station,, all looking like they they were having a good time!, the RR driver must of pi**ed them off,, something ignited the end result

and as u say in the end they pulled him out the car, that was definitely going to be the end result,, bikers are like family you run one over you ARE getting chased down!,,

if i was the driver i would of hit 911 or 999 cause after nearly killing people retribution was on his ass!

Edited by Sempiternal

i was watching the lane splitting and i believe in some states thats not actually illegal to do?

It's illegal in NYC as far as I know.

So if you were in RR drivers situation, surrounded by an angry mob that was apparently rocking, and according to some reports attacking the car with helmets and knives, what would you have done?

i was watching the lane splitting and i believe in some states thats not actually illegal to do?

It's illegal in NYC as far as I know.

So if you were in RR drivers situation, surrounded by an angry mob that was apparently rocking, and according to some reports attacking the car with helmets and knives, what would you have done?

as someone mentioned above they too wouldnt know what they would have done!,

everyone is different, because of having over 5 years in professional security i have various local police numbers at the ready, cant say i would react this way, but my mind says i would of hit the speed dial and declared abit of a life threatening emergency.. this is better than appose to some peoples theory he was driving to the police station why wait, 911 or 999 for us

also i acknowledge not many people would have their local police numbers on their phone,, but everyone should know 911/999 respectively

again as nat geo's programme seconds from disaster would state,, now its time to look into the events,, where about to go seconds before disaster!

From reports it seems that a biker in front of the RR was brake checking them and at one point the RR nudged the bike that was doing that, both vehicles had stopped and the other bikers saw this and crowded the RR and tried to slash his tyres. So the RR tried to make off without crashing into anything and so the bikers saw this as trying to get away (after they started trying to slash his tyres) and crowded him and this is where the video starts off.

1 of the bikers is paralysed from being run over (supposedly the guy paralysed was trying to help up a buddy who was knocked off his bike) but the guy in the RR had his wife and child watching him as a mob of bikers came down and beat the crap outta him which left him hospitalised i believe as well.

From the report it seems that 1 biker has been arrested and theyre looking for 2 more.

If you brake test a RRS, you'd better be driving a tank.

Mob mentality took over there, and they got exactly what they deserved. Yes, the driver should've called the police earlier perhaps, but I'd have done exactly the same thing in his shoes: Hit the loud pedal and get the flock out of there.

• Like 1

Under certain circumstances I do feel sorry for bikers, but a lot of the time they're riding like utter dicks. The RR driver is just doing what anyone would have done when faced with a mob of lowlifes who think they're in Son's of Anarchy...