My Wife Wants a Smart - How do I Stop Her?...

chubbster

When I had a merc I was given a smart for 2 as a courtesy car. I kicked up fuss in the dealership but he said 2 things- 1. There were no other cars available and 2. Don't knock it til you've tried it

So I tried it.... Man what a laugh that thing was to drive! It was like driving a toy car lol I only had it a day 7 years ago but I remember it like it was yesterday :lol:

You can't stop her you really should know this by now if you're married :lol: Let her experience it for herself - worst case scenario is you have to put up with it ... best case scenario is she hates it and blames you for letting her get into it in the first place :thumbs:

• Like 3

Thanks for the help guys. I appreciate your efforts. I've seen that Fifth Gear item in its entirety and sadly it doesn't help my cause, because the Smart comes out of it quite well - the passenger cage stands up well - it's just the lack of crumple zone that lets it down.

I reckon 350 Russ has the answer.

• Like 1

That vid shows how tough they are, not good as a bargaining point on safety :surrender:

Mind you, any accident that does 70-0 like that will kill you with internal injuries anyway unless you are very lucky (doctor friend once told me main arteries rip off organs - nice to hear over dinner).

Try her with a Suzuki Cappachino? At least its sort of sporty looking and not a cube.

The weird thing is that she's been on the point of getting either a Juke or a CashCow. I want her to have a Range Rover Evoque Coupe, preferably with lots of extras - just for her comfort, you understand, don't you?

My first attempt at a deal was, "Yeah, fine, you get a 2-seater Smart and as we'll need a 4-seater I'll have to get a GT-R. That didn't go down too well, so maybe I'll just have to go out and get one, like I normally do.

Do you have any suggestions of actual CARS (I don't class those Smart things as cars and I refuse to use the two words together) that might turn her away from this embarrassment?

The weird thing is that she's been on the point of getting either a Juke or a CashCow. I want her to have a Range Rover Evoque Coupe, preferably with lots of extras - just for her comfort, you understand, don't you?

My first attempt at a deal was, "Yeah, fine, you get a 2-seater Smart and as we'll need a 4-seater I'll have to get a GT-R. That didn't go down too well, so maybe I'll just have to go out and get one, like I normally do.

Do you have any suggestions of actual CARS (I don't class those Smart things as cars and I refuse to use the two words together) that might turn her away from this embarrassment?

You mean she has the option of an Evoque and wants a SMART? FFS?!! :lol:

Threaten a sex ban :tumbleweed:

:lol: :lol: :lol: And how exactly would that work in the real world?

Me - "If you get a Smart I'll never make love to you again."

She - "I'll get two, in case one breaks down."

Edit - I could always threaten the opposite, though - thanks for the idea.

Edited by chubbster
  • Like 2

My mate went from a 500bhp (or something like that) RX7 to a Smart Car. After I stopped laughing he took me out in it and its awesome. Such fun. Its RWD too and the fun we had trying to get it out of my driveway which is on a slight incline was interesting. After we realised it was RWD we hit a local carpark and did a few donuts in it. He loves it.

My mate went from a 500bhp (or something like that) RX7 to a Smart Car. After I stopped laughing he took me out in it and its awesome. Such fun. Its RWD too and the fun we had trying to get it out of my driveway which is on a slight incline was interesting. After we realised it was RWD we hit a local carpark and did a few donuts in it. He loves it.

Please stop saying things like that. You're upsetting me.

• Like 1