Hello

J4CKO

Hi just decided to register after collecting my 2007 350Z GT Convertible on Saturday. I had a nice 944 Cabrio before but fancied something more modern and less labour intensive. its a gunmetal one with one owner and 33k, few dings to sort out, the wheels have soem kerbing and the hood has a little nick in it but I got it for a very good price.

Anyway, love the 350Z so far, nice havign all the modern amenities, going to try and leave it standard.

I did think about getting a more vocal exhaust but I cant beleive how loud it is as standard, it sounds epic, my neighbour had a coupe for a while, I dotn remember it being as loud is this, do they vary, is mine blowing, guess I need to get under and have a look.

The only change I will be deifnitely making is replacing the head unit, I quite fancy an LCD screened Double Din one with memory card support but would prefer to keep the steering wheel controls and it not look too out of place, any suggestions as to what model, has anyone got an Android one, woudlnt mind being able to run ODB apps on it.

Other observations other than the loudness, I thought there was somethign wrong with it yesterday, booted it out of a bend and it lost power, did it today out of a greasy juction, I am assuming that this is the ESP/TCS being hyper vigilant, if it is, its pretty intrusive, was driving a Mustang 5.0 in the states a few months back and that allowed a bit of slip before gently reigning you in where this seems to stand no messing whatsoever.

Cheers !

Have a few quid left in my budget, and should have some spare cash monthly now not saving to buy it.

I just drove home very steadily, just to see what it would do, had a boot full of shopping, now I know mpg isn't what you buy one of these for but it claims it was doing 32 mpg, even if that is optimistic by some margin was still doing ok, my old 944 was worse on fuel.

Cheers !

Have a few quid left in my budget, and should have some spare cash monthly now not saving to buy it.

I just drove home very steadily, just to see what it would do, had a boot full of shopping, now I know mpg isn't what you buy one of these for but it claims it was doing 32 mpg, even if that is optimistic by some margin was still doing ok, my old 944 was worse on fuel.

It's not impossible that 32 was right if you were taking it easy on the right roads.

Hello, :welcome: and congrats on your new purchase.

Trying not to state the obvious, but could you car seem louder than your neighbour's because you have a roadster and he had a coupe? :shrug:

Welcome to the forums :) . I read on here once that the 313 roadsters have a slightly different exhaust note (but of course that could be a load of rubbish :blush: )

Pete

Hello, :welcome: and congrats on your new purchase.

Trying not to state the obvious, but could you car seem louder than your neighbour's because you have a roadster and he had a coupe? :shrug:

Welcome to the forums :) . I read on here once that the 313 roadsters have a slightly different exhaust note (but of course that could be a load of rubbish :blush: )

Pete

Mines a 296, single air filter and no bulge in the bonnet, I am just thinking from when he started his it made a nice noise but mine seems louder, not complaining, it sounds wonderful.

My commute is only seven miles, cycle it most of the time but obviously, new toy means I can't face the push bike, this week at least, it is more compelling than the 944, mainly as it won't be up on axle stands most of the time like that was, just get in it and drive.

Surprised at the mpg, but then it will potter at 1200 rpm in top doing 45 or thereabouts.

I now know why its louder, the back box has parted company at the flange, so, new back box/exhaust required, any suggestions, dont want to spend thousands, might see if I can re-weld the flange back on but looks like an opportunity for somethign better than stock.