What do you think of ISO 7.0 Update for your iPhone.

WhackyWill

I've had it on my phone for a while now and it's a leap forward in usability, the palette is a big jump but I've come to like it. I don't mind a pastel shade or two.

Put it on my ipad yesterday, as I'd not bothered with the betas on there, feels like the screen is 10% bigger. Reminders and calendar and mail are much improved, as is safari. Very pleased. I'm a little curious what the release version is going to do for battery life...

I probably don't use my phone to even half of it's capabilities so to me, it looks a little better, thats it.

My girlfriend updated hers last night and she had a problem with a typing delay on the keypad which made it quite unusable, quick google search revealed she had to turn off "Documents and Data" in iCloud to fix it. just a little heads up for anyone who may suffer the same issue.

Jon

my wifes iphone 4s says its not got enough data allowance for it

She needs to delete stuff of the phone, like pictures but download them first. I had the same problem just deleted a few things off it

and presto enough memory to download it. Had no problem with the iPad.

If its a data download allowance problem just log onto a wifi network, :thumbs:

Edited by WhackyWill

Sounds about right. It is a massive OS update, after all.

I like it. It seems a bit odd at first, but it's definitely more user-friendly than iOS6 was in terms of quick access to things. The only thing I'm not keen on is that the Phone screen seems to refresh itself after you've clicked on it but before it's usable, so that you see a name you want to call on your recent list and touch it, but by the time you get there it's refreshed to a different name. Odd, but not a deal breaker.

You can argue over handset capability until you're blue in the face, but there's no doubting that iOS is still the best mobile OS available.

• Like 1

I'm still on iOS6 but have heard a few people say they like X Y or Z feature of the new one, I'm just finding it hard to get past the fact it looks like a Chinese copy of iOS and has went a bit cheap/Android looking.

Maybe once/if I upgrade to it, i'll change my mind and get used to it.

Totally shagged my battery life.

I'm used to it now and I like it though.

If you're getting battery issues, use the swipe up for quick settings and switch off your wifi and BT if you're not using them. Hunting for wifi all day really eats power. In settings switch off Background App Refresh, switch off auto brightness (seems to churn battery) and again use quick settings if you need to adjust - I find the mid point works nicely.

Plus the normal stuff, switch off button click noises, set the screen auto off to a short time, disable fetch new data for email (or switch the frequency down to hourly).

• Like 1

My battery's actually better! lol

I don't really like it, all the screens are very white, although i've turned the brightness down, you can invert the colours which makes things black and purple :) but it inverts everything so all the pictures go to negative and looks crap so changed it back. The icons looked like they were designed by nursery kids and I think the text screen is worse than the old one, I did it on my phone and pad on Wednesday, hopefully I'll get used to it, but at the moment I prefer the old one lol

Pile of crap! It's gone to a gone-wrong Windows phone! lol

They've totally destroyed the accessibility perspective to the point I'm now struggling to use it (too much white background), it's already been found to have 2 major security flaws, lots of people having trouble with itunes syncing (me included), inconsistent use of shapes (circles and squares though Apple used to always confirm to a single design approach). I won't even go into the battery killing facilities - half way through day and it's already down to 57% and I've done sod all! I've now got to permanently carry my spare batter in my laptop bag :(

That said, I do like the swipe up for quick access to bits & bobs and the swipe action for delete, etc. is stronger now.

However I'm going to try and continue with open eyes and hopefully will be persuaded but for now the Ipads are staying with 6!

• 2 weeks later...

If you're getting battery issues, use the swipe up for quick settings and switch off your wifi and BT if you're not using them. Hunting for wifi all day really eats power. In settings switch off Background App Refresh, switch off auto brightness (seems to churn battery) and again use quick settings if you need to adjust - I find the mid point works nicely.

Plus the normal stuff, switch off button click noises, set the screen auto off to a short time, disable fetch new data for email (or switch the frequency down to hourly).

This may help too:- http://gizmodo.com/how-to-take-care-of-your-smartphone-battery-the-right-w-513217256/1416982678/@ericlimer
  • Like 1

Safari is much better with ios7, everything else works pretty much the same. I wish you could choose some colour instead of all the white backgrounds tho

+1 much prefer a keyboard on my phone with black keys and white letters

You can invert the colours of the device in 'Accessibility' in settings, looks cool as, but some stuff goes mental, like backgrounds and smilies.

This may help too:- http://gizmodo.com/h...2678/@ericlimer

Thanks glrnet, I did this and yes it works my phone has stopped "eating" its battery... :thumbs: :thumbs: