Swear filter

AliveBoy

Hi Guys,

This is a query more than a suggestion and apologies in advance if me quoting bad words offends anyone :)

Why is it that the swear filter is active on the forum when the homepage of said forum has fu**ing written on it in the youtube video preview?

And you can't say sh*t, but you can say bullshit?

I know I may be being pedantic, but it all confuses me as the main homepage would convey more of a first impression to new users than a random user who's not a member of staff using a bad word in a post.

I know as with anything it's all in the context of usage, but seems a bit like double standards?

Thanks,

Matt :)

Edited by Dedman
  • Like 1

the video has an unfortunate preview point :lol: it used to be a video of a dyno run, but it was annoying people as it would auto start when you logged on to the forum, and if your speakers were up loud it got a bit tedious, so I recommended changing it to the forum joke video made by an old member. it was very funny. but still had the same issue. but this time hitler would start blaring out of your speakers. so the mods auto paused it. but sadly the preview screen happens to be stuck on the one unfortunate word in it.

Just be careful you don't re-quote a post that has a "naughty" word in it that's not been filtered out

as that's a warning point...!!! :scare: :scare:

We (team) are waiting your next contribution :evil: as we are getting worried you are wearing out our scared smilie.......and it won't be a warning point in your case :wave:

Looking to add "Jaguar" to the swear filter.................. :stir:

that's OK us owners just refer to them as jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaags

you'd have to bloke and infinite number of combinations of aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :lol:

Any combination with J. A. & G. should do it then :evil::D

Personally I don't see why we need a swear filter at all. Okay, maybe for the c word which seems to be hated (although I used to censor my own use, anyway), but really we're all adults and self moderation works better than any filter. If someone swears all the time they become dull, but if swearing is used sparsely then it can be used to great effect to liven up a post.

Personally I don't see why we need a swear filter at all. Okay, maybe for the c word which seems to be hated (although I used to censor my own use, anyway), but really we're all adults and self moderation works better than any filter. If someone swears all the time they become dull, but if swearing is used sparsely then it can be used to great effect to liven up a post.

**** yeah!

It's the first car forum I've been a member of which has one, generally all members will be over 16 at least. On driftworks there's a filter to stop the words "epic" and "stanced" being used, epic is changed to mediocre and stanced to lalalalalalalalala they are good (and highly amusing) word filters.

On driftworks there's a filter to stop the words "epic" and "stanced" being used, epic is changed to mediocre and stanced to lalalalalalalalala they are good (and highly amusing) word filters.

thats a must - can we have it here :thumbs:

Looking to add "Jaguar" to the swear filter.................. :stir:

that's OK us owners just refer to them as jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaags

you'd have to bloke and infinite number of combinations of aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :lol:

It probably supports regex so this will cover all of the infinite number of combinations including caps and @, you could add *,$ etc if you wanted instead of the As:

[j|J][a|A|@]{1,}[g|G]